Amilite Neo T3 and RCR123A cells

garbman

Newly Enlightened
Hi to all of you.
Im considering to buy the Amilite Neo T3. Does anyone know if its compatible with rechargeable like RCR123A batteries?
Protected or unprotected? If it is ok what about the runtime?
Thanks

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should be fine even with the protected 3.0V RCR123 batteries.
It is the higher current draw incandescents that seem to have a problem getting started with the protected batteries. Since the R123 batteries have a lower capacity, you should expect less run time. How much less would be dependent upon the specific battery used.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Neo is a very tight fit for RCR123. My protected cells don't fit. I have one unprotected cell, it fits, and it seemed brighter than with Cr123 on it, but it is not supposed to be used in the Amilite and I just did it for a few seconds at a time before putting a primary cell back in.
I think some people have removed the outer wrapper to make the protected cells fit.
Can anybody report long term results on RCR123's in the Neo?

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
HAs anyone tried a rechargable 3volt? not the 3.7. I dont see where that would hurt it.But I havent tried it.:)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just started using those with a Nuwai Q3. No problems at all, though it pretty much behaves the same as a primary 123 in performance, unlike the brighter output that one would get from a regulated 3.6V LIon.

These 3.0 R123s, like some of the protected 3.6V R123s don't work well with higher draw incandescent lights, usually requiring multiple taps to get the lamp going. The one that I had the least trouble with was a SL TL-2 that ran fine with the batteries off the charger, but after a few minutes of run time, it would require double and triple taps to get it going again.

Paul6ppc said:
HAs anyone tried a rechargable 3volt? not the 3.7. I dont see where that would hurt it.But I havent tried it.:)