My inova x5 works without the tail cap?

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at my light today and removed the tail cap to sniff the batteries and check their condition. Nothing like the smell of cr123 batteries at 7am.

Anyway, I grabbed the light and saw the leds were glowing. WTF? I thought I had a leaking cell. Turns out my thumb was touching the end of the cells and my hand completed the circuit.

Cool huh?

LED BriCK

Enlightened
A few months back someone suggested this as a method of telling which lights were regulated: glow=not regulated, no glow=regulated. Not sure of the validity, but it works on my (small) sample of lights.

LED BriCK said:
A few months back someone suggested this as a method of telling which lights were regulated: glow=not regulated, no glow=regulated. Not sure of the validity, but it works on my (small) sample of lights.

It's true for the most part. LED gives off a visible amount of light at tenth or less of a mA. Regulator circuit wouldn't even fire up at a current this low.

dca2

Enlightened
I was holding mine (X5) in my mouth and when I turned it off, I had the same glow. My, how electrolytic my juices are.

Latest posts