John Willis Holster For Surefire U2

ront

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,
I have been looking for a holster for my U2. A few days ago I saw in a thread where John Willis had posted a couple of pictures of one he had made. I contacted him and asked if he could maybe make one for me also. He let me know that he is just getting a company started and he would be happy to. The company is called Special Operations Equipment. Johns email address is [email protected]. He was very prompt in returning my emails!
Well, today, I recieved my holster form him. He did an awesome job! Quality is superb. I asked if he could bring the sides up a bit higher on mine and he did it perfect. I cannot imagine a better holster for my U2. John was great to deal with. I am sure that he makes holsters for many other Surefire's also. He did tell me that he has made holsters for Surefire instructors also.
Anyway, I will let the pics say the rest. Great job John. Thanks!!

Ron

DSCN5632_edited-1.jpg

DSCN5633_edited-1.jpg

DSCN5636_edited-1.jpg

DSCN5635_edited-1.jpg

DSCN5637_edited-1.jpg

DSCN5638_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Ront

Is the U2 in the holster still equipped with its clip? BTW John's work is of a very high standard isn't it!

Doug

ront

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the clip is still attached. I am sure that if you wanted to use the light with the clip removed, you could just tell John and he would make the holster a bit tighter. I asked if he could bring the sides up just a bit more and he did. The original picture I had seen had the sides below the light level selector.

Ron

john willis

Newly Enlightened
Nalu here are your pouches. These are velcro closure pouches with PALs on back for the U2. These are made a bit higher to cover the adjustment bezel and also have a gromet so you can tie 550 cord for a lanyard.

naluspouches.jpg

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is freakin' awesome! Outstanding work! I want one for my L5/KL3. It would be almost the same size as the U2, maybe a little shorter. What I would like to see on mine is 2 "slit" pockets -one on each side- for my TADgear Fisher Space pen and the for the pocket clip on a knife to slip into. I really like the buckle enclosure. I may want you to make one for an E1L also.

Do you have a website or do I contact you directly? I'm taking that your stuff is USA made. Looking forward to dealing with you. Gotta go to work now so I won't be able to check back till after midnight.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like one made the same as you did for ront. Also, can you make one for a Surefire M6?

Your work looks outstanding and I'm sure you could do well selling on the forum. Good luck with your company.:)

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count me in as well. Eagerly awaiting more details/prices.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
He was logged on the forum today and yesterday but must not be looking in this thread. I will try a PM to get him to look here.:)

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen posts of his other gear before as well and it looks like it is all outstanding. Its nice to see he is getting a site togather, all of the orders i'd seen before were through email. If you are looking for a gear bag ask him about his PALS bags he made earlier this year, definately top notch gear.

Found the link: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/111561

Now I just need to see if he can make me a little holster for my Aleph 1. Maybe when I have a little more cash to spare.

schiesz

Last edited:

ront

Newly Enlightened
I guarantee you guys will not be dissapointed with your flashlight holsters!! John does an awesome job!!

Ron

LawLight

Enlightened
Ron:
Has he made some for you? If so, what kind? I have him working on one for my A2 and a double for my A2 with a Swiss Champ army knife.
KT