Any red LED cluster lights on the market?

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
So it definitely needs to be that many LEDs? Because I really like my red LED Inova X5 (with 5 LEDs). I keep it on my nightstand so I don't blind myself if I need to get up in the middle of the night. You can get one for around $30.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shirley said:
Is it safe to use rechargeable 3.7s in the X5?

J

The general rule is you're not supposed to use R123s in 2 cell lights. I do wonder about the red X5 since the red X5 only uses one cell... Honestly though, when I got a red X5, I was tempted to slip an R123 in there it was so bright that I didn't have any desire to see if the R123 would work in it.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah! If the light being too bright wasn't a concern, I think if I had another red X5, I'd try an R123 in it. I think there's a 80% chance it would work fine but that is a WAG. I should have picked up a couple more red ones at Fry's when they were only $10.

Is that deal still going on, I wonder?

CLHC

Flashaholic
$9.90 and change = $10.00 something, so yes it is. That is if they're still around. Those "colored" LEDs in my neck of the woods, are dwindling down. Mostly Green and Blues. . .

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know bgmicro.com use to sell 12 volt clusters from those highway signs or traffic attunators as they call them.

Maybe that qualitychineeseflashlight site has some?

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
Thanks for the response. But bgmicro, fry's not Dae seem to have one. As for the Inova X5, this might appear to be the one left. Not exactly the price tag I had in mind, though.

I'll keep my eyes open for something to come up.
Thanks,

Kees

xenopus

Newly Enlightened
DoubleDutch said:
I was wondering if any of you know of lights with a cluster of red LED's. Preferably something like 8-12 LED's. Something along the lines of an Xnova? Not too expensive, please.

Thanks.

Kees

Of course... Our -BT "BloodTracker" has a 20-LED "red" mode, and we can make the 6-LED minimag flashlights with red for the astronomers etc. We can build 20 through 40-LED models. All using the very nice Nichia RED LEDs :)

Piers!

chumley

Enlightened
I got a Gerber Trio with 3 red leds from Sierra Trading Post last week for around $18.00. It isn't a bad deal compared to converting a mini mag. I think that the Trio with red leds is being phased out.

Mark2

Enlightened
PentagonLight S2-RED, it's a 19-LED cluster.

Review of the S2 series with pictures can be found HERE

Last edited: