What the Hek is Cow Bell - mentioned in sig.lines

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is from a great Saturday night live skit from a few years ago featuring a pretend Blue Oyster Cult jam session. Christopher Walken kept saying "I need more cowbell" or words to that effect.

At least I think thats what these folks are referring to.

Click here for the transcript.

cheers

Last edited:

dim

Enlightened
Christopher Walken played the record producer. "More cowbell".
There is a video of it somewhere on the web.

It's something of a running joke on CPF.

dim

Arkayne

Enlightened
"Guess what? I've got a fever! And the only prescription..... is more cowbell!"

cowbell.jpg

Last edited:

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Until I saw that skit, it NEVER clicked that the song has cowbell - for the last few years, every time I HEAR the song I think "MORE COWBELL"

Sigh, never saw BOC on stage, and they are/were semi local - heck, I even knew that if you heard that "Soft White Underbelly" was going to play it WAS BOC (or as it was billed "The Ultimate BOC cover band")

Speaking of "MORE COWBELL" coming to mind when I hear "Don't fear the reaper" - You guys have any songs that bring "popular" images to mind that were NOT intended by the band? One big one for me is with the Stones "Satisfaction" - Mental immage is of someone water sking behind a PBR

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
KC2IXE said:
...Sigh, never saw BOC on stage, and they are/were semi local...
I saw BOC perform live in Juneau AK. in the early-1980s; I believe the band Nazereth opened for them. This performance was indoors at the Juneau Convention Center, so they could not use fire, high-powered lasers, pyrotechnics, or other horse puckey like that.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
uh - ok, my daughter's friend - nope, my babysitter - yeah, that's the ticket!

(I have no daughters and my sons are 17 & 19 but wouldn't mind being babysat by her! Oh and they're well behaved young gentlemen, just like I was at that age! Yeah, that's the ticket!)