Invisible **** and a magic flashlight from space.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm typing a PM to a member with TV's Craig Ferguson yapping in the background, something about comic book heroes. I heard him say flashlight and turned around to hear the joke. Craig Ferguson is from Glasgow, Scotland, UK. He gets many good guests but what I like most is his monologue.

His monologue is more like a stand-up routine that is stream-of-thought in structure. They aren't all winners but he seems to have more skill than Leno and Letterman. Sometimes they are quite humorous.

So when I heard flashlight I listened to his joke. Apparently Invisible **** was a very old UK comic that appeared in Sparky comics 1968-1977. I had to look it up.

"History: **** Dixson was given a souvenir of a space flight by his father, who was an astronaut. The souvenir was an electric torch that had formed part of the equipment of a space capsule in orbit. But **** discovered that mysterious rays in space had affected the torch. It now shone a black beam instead of a white one, and anything it shone upon became invisible for a time.

Powers/Abilities: **** can turn invisible using the torch given him by his astronaut father."

From internationalhero.co.uk

We've all had that idea before, I think. Well, now I want one. Is it possible with all this new technology we are seeing?

If a builder or modifier can create them I'll do the group buy.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Just stumbled upon this Very Interesting thread.

It definitely deserves a

:bump:
_

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It would in theory be possible; photons move like waves on water, and just like waves on water, if you can introduce a counter-wave that crests and troughs exactly 180 degrees opposite the wave it intercepts, the two will cancel each other out. The problem is you have to first identify the wave to be cancelled, and in an outdoor environment, which is completely saturated with photons going all over the place, this is going to be pretty much impossible.

The other way to do it would be to coax the photons into merging and becoming other non-light-emitting particles, which only occurs in the cosmically-high-energy environment of particle accelerators. If your flashlight released enough power to pull this off within an area of a few square yards in front of you, it would destroy the Earth the moment you turned it on..

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had the bizarre thought of a device that does the opposite of a flashlight (a "darklight" maybe?)...it would make things you point it at dark, for instance, you could use it to provide shade on a sunny day. But a invisibility "light" would be even cooler. :naughty:

Latest posts