F04 BeamShaper not tight enough?

MeLLoJeLLo

Newly Enlightened
I got my SF L1 + F04 BeamShaper for almost a year. Not a heavy user. Used about 5 batteries in 1 year. mainly using it inside the house, at night. The thing is that the beamshaper got loose. :huh2:It can detach itself from the flashlight just by turning the flashlight head down without even walking! :rant: Is there a trick to make it tight again? I tried some glue but it will always smooth out again and slip...

Thanks in advance!

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have noticed that my rubber rings have become loose... i just bought a new F0(blue filter) and the ring was REALLY tight... i sort of kept this to the side...

I transfer mine between all my lights HDS, all my e-series SF lights... and i thought that it was loosening from that..

I would contact Surefire and they'll most likely send you another if you send the one you have back...

Hope it works out... You shouldn't settle for having it 'fall' off... :)

Tactical Sponge

Newly Enlightened
I have the same setup as you: L1 + F04, also for around a year. I've noticed that the F04 was rather loose during the past few months and it would slide off on its own when held head down. However, it's been pretty warm the past few days and it just rained today. Now the beamshaper doesn't slide off anymore. Maybe the dryness of the winter air makes the rubber less tacky.