I blame you...

RigMedic

Newly Enlightened
and you...and you...and you....lol

Haven't been a member on here but a few days and I've already decided to buy a Fenix L1P and Peak Matterhorn when I return home. I'm also seriously considering a SF 6P with a 9P upgrade. And I guess I'm going to have to buy a new BOB to carry all of these lights in too....

Does it ever end...:shakehead

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
The_LED_Museum said:
Long answer: "no, it will only end when clothes moth larvae make a home inside your wallet or pocketbook".
And then you start selling off some old lights to buy more new lights!

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
Money spent on flashlights generally flies away from your wallet at the speed of... light of course. So you won't actually see it go. That's where the danger lies...

Somewhere in the universe there has to be a black hole that has our names on it!

Kees

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no cure. The "illness" is terminal. Pretty soon you'll be hiding reciepts from the Boss and hoping for power outages....

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
absolutely no chance.

1st (the state You are in), one gets a few good quality light (THANK GOD that You enter now, there are not this much good (=led) lights available now)
2nd You want a stronger light (You mentionned ...) ;)
3rd lights must be even stronger (number and price dependable from wallet), then
4th You notice "bright" is not everything, there is "runtime" and "small size" also ("qualitiy" has been part of the story from point 1 or 2, depending from where You start)
5th then comes modding (individual solution between runtime, output, size, quality, ...)
and finally
6th You want something special (check the group buy section).

then go back to point 1 or 2
:cool:
feedback loop from every point to earlier ones
You have been warned!!!

Last edited:

Bozzlite

Enlightened
And now I blame you! Cause I want a Peak Matterhorn. Or a Caribbean. And a Jet-I with 3 tritium vials.

Someone steal my credit card......please......

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
I have only been a member of CPF for a little over a month, and already I have spent well into the 4 digit range...There is no stopping it, its always one more, or buy both, or you'll stop after the next one (but it turns out to only be your last one for that day). Good luck...

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
yellow said:
absolutely no chance.

1st (the state You are in), one gets a few good quality light (THANK GOD that You enter now, there are not this much good (=led) lights available now)
2nd You want a stronger light (You mentionned ...) ;)
3rd lights must be even stronger (number and price dependable from wallet), then
4th You notice "bright" is not everything, there is "runtime" and "small size" also ("qualitiy" has been part of the story from point 1 or 2, depending from where You start)
5th then comes modding (individual solution between runtime, output, size, quality, ...)
and finally
6th You want something special (check the group buy section).

You have been warned!!!

I can add a couple more...

7th - you start asking questions about the frontiers of lighting technology in the relevant sections ("Why can't they make a 35W HID in a smaller light")
8th - Complain bitterly when everybody says it can't be done
9th - Set out to prove it can be
10th - Buy loads of ridiculously expensive equipment, much of which was custom built
11th - Discover it doesn't quite fit, backtrack and change plan. Sell some gear, 'reengineer' other components to fit by 'whatever means necessary' :whistle: :dedhorse: :rock:
12th - End up with 35W HID anyway :D
13th - Corrupt everybody else around you into buying one!

*Retired*
RigMedic said:
and you...and you...and you....lol

Haven't been a member on here but a few days and I've already decided to buy a Fenix L1P and Peak Matterhorn when I return home. I'm also seriously considering a SF 6P with a 9P upgrade. And I guess I'm going to have to buy a new BOB to carry all of these lights in too....

Does it ever end...:shakehead

When you start eating ramen noodles, drinking water for subsistance, and riding your bicycle to save gas money to buy flashlights, you are on the road to getting hooked.