Great Deal on a Streamlight 4AA ProPolymer Luxeon

david-me

Newly Enlightened
Great deal on a Streamlight 4AA ProPolymer Luxeon

Fry's Electronics is selling them for 27.99

Don't know if this is regional though the North Phoenix store has many of them

s002cjs

Newly Enlightened
Awesome! I've been watching lights at Fry's in the Bay area. It looked like they were clearing out, but I'd only ever seen the multi-LED version of the Pro Polymers in stock there before. I'll have to head over to check this out!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't been in a Fry's store for about a week now, don't know if they've shown up around here (even though their headquarters are here :) ). The only thing I've ever seen in their stores has been the 7LED version and that was selling for $27.99.

david-me said:
Great deal on a Streamlight 4AA ProPolymer Luxeon

Fry's Electronics is selling them for 27.99

Don't know if this is regional though the North Phoenix store has many of them

david-me

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure it is a Lux

checked and double checked

They were NOT there a few days ago.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
There could be a few things that could have happened.
1. They are priced incorrectly.
2. They are a new SKU that Fry's will carry, and rather than creating a new SKU in their inventory, someone just tagged them with the 7LED pricing.
3. They received an incorrect shipment and didn't know what to do with it (Fry's doesn't even return customer returns to the vendor, they just put it back out on the floor.)

david-me said:
I'm sure it is a Lux

s002cjs

Newly Enlightened
No go today at Fry's on Arques in Sunnyvale, CA. Just 4 or 5 of the 7 LED versions left. Anyone else lucky enough to find any?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last time that I was at Fry's on Brokaw was last week, and they had plenty of 7LED versions, but no Luxeon products at all from Streamlight.

Plenty of $9.90 2D/3D Maglights though :)

s002cjs said:
No go today at Fry's on Arques in Sunnyvale, CA. Just 4 or 5 of the 7 LED versions left. Anyone else lucky enough to find any?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Just checked with Fry's and spoke to them to see if the Streamlight 4AA ProPolymer they stock is the SS or Lux. They checked and they mentioned that the only Streamlights they have are the 7-Solid State LEDs and not the Lux. Maybe it was just that person I talked to. Other than that, I don't know.

Also, people already mentioned the Streamlights 4AA ProPo Lux from Fox International as indicated in the number of posts above.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You called Fry's and someone actually spoke with you?!
Do you have some sort of an "in" there or something?

CHC said:
Just checked with Fry's and spoke to them to see if the Streamlight 4AA ProPolymer they stock is the SS or Lux. They checked and they mentioned that the only Streamlights they have are the 7-Solid State LEDs and not the Lux. Maybe it was just that person I talked to. Other than that, I don't know.

Also,people already mentioned the Streamlights 4AA ProPo Lux from Fox International as indicated in the number of posts above.

Enjoy!

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hello Brighteyez and LowBat! :huh:

That's funny! :laughing: I thought that interesting too that I talked with someone there that I can understand clearly. Though if they understood me clearly and what it is I was asking is—subject to review!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You must have dialed the wrong number :D

Actually, a few years ago (must be closer to 15 or more) I bumped into a guy that was 'working' at Fry's 'selling' cell phones. He looked kind of familiar and they when I saw his name tag, I realized he was the owner of a radio manufacturer's franchise that sold communications equipment to most of the area's municipal agencies. Never did know what he was doing there, I figured he couldn't have been that desparate for cash.

CHC said:
Hello Brighteyez and LowBat! :huh:

That's funny! :laughing: I thought that interesting too that I talked someone there that I can understand clearly. Though if they understood me clearly and what it is I was asking is—subject to review!

Enjoy!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well ... I wouldn't isolate it to a specific language, there are a number of languages that could be dropped in, the only exclusion would be English. But isn't it nice that John, David, and Randy, provide a place to work for so many people who otherwise might not be able to find employment elsewhere?

And you know those groups (scouts, fraternal organizations, etc.) that they get to man the stands for those 25¢ Hot dog and a Coke things that they have? I hear that Fry's gives them all of the proceeds; not just the profits, all of the proceeds.

Now if they would just invite me onto their golf course ... :) (actually the course used to be a dump when it was the Hilltop course).

LowBat said:
Maybe he speaks Hindi.

MrTodds

Newly Enlightened
david-me said:
I'm sure it is a Lux

What is the 7 digit Fry's item number?

If it is an item that Fry's stocks at multiple stores, you can see the product description at www.Outpost.com. The price will most likely be different. Very handy when their Newspaper AD's comed out and they have something super cheap but the description is very brief in the AD. It will usually have the manufactures part number listed as well.