Who would like nothing more, than to knock their Boss out ?

jtice

Flashaholic
I like to think that I am a well manored, and easy going guy.
It takes quite a bit to get me mad, and ALOT
to get me to the point where I want to bust you up side the head.

But, I will say, that my Boss is on the very top of my list. :rant: :mad: :thumbsdow :touche: :xyxgun:

He is a complete and utter $%@%^%@^%%$#%@%%$^%#@

He has to be one of the rudest, meanest, uncaring persons I have ever met.
He NEVER has anything good to say, about anyone or anything,
and has no problem yelling and belittling you infront of everyone,
for something that isnt even your fault.

I dont get payed what I should, and I have have to put up with his crap,
the two are just getting to be too much to bare lately.
Theres been times when I think being fired would be WELL worth knocking his sorry butt out.

Anyone else have to deal with this crap?
Its just a shame, this place is just a few minutes from my house,
and the rest of the employees are super nice to work with.

ehhhhhhh I guess I am done venting now, thanks for listening. :awman:

~John

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
John, it's a tough thing to do and indeed affects "quality of life" as well, HOWEVER - it's got to be better than punching out license plates in jail, eh?

Be patient, look for another job! You can respect the "position" but not the person - been there!

I know none of my words will help - but just know you aren't alone in this experience for sure! Mutual respect will get one so much further in life (call it that "Karma" thing -i.e. "Earl")...Kindness in return can be a great "tactic"!

An employer's employees can make or break them...sounds like you & the rest are carrying the boss?

BTW - PM sent...

Last edited:

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work at a union job and one of the disadvantages of a union job such as mine is that usually there is a certain amount of tension and animosity between management and the union workers. One of the advantages is that I can say basically whatever I want to my boss/es. I have done so on several occasions, basically I would have to assault him to get fired. I'm typically not a mean-spirited person, but I have insulted him on occasion. He basically leaves me alone now, sometimes even going out of his way to avoid me.

If you can't put up with your boss and it is causing stress in other areas of your life, start lookng for another job, sooner rather than later.

-Keith

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Underpaid, bad boss, but nice colleagues. Time to look for a new job or transfer to another department within the same company. Start now, before the situation deteriorates further.

scrappy

Enlightened
Neonlights - have to disagree on you there, "just cause" only goes so far. I was a union attorney for 6 years... rep'd the building service workers in NYC (SEIU 32b-J) and rep'd the hotel and motel trades council (almost all NYC hotel workers) - and have probably handled roughly 1500 arbitration cases... when it comes to profanity towards a manager or supervisor - I have won cases and lost cases... mainly lost the ones where the profanity was in front of customers, tenants or guests, however it does happen. Sometimes it just depends on the arbitrator hearing your case.

jtice

Flashaholic
Thanks for the comments guys,

Dont worry, Im not gonna bring the AK to work...... yet.

I havent really been in a yelling match with the boss yet,
well, *I* wasnt doing any yelling, I tend to try not to respond, cuz if I do, it wont be pleasant.
I think that may be a bit of why he doesnt like me,
I never did take much of his crap, especially a few times he has been blatantly wrong about things.

I do need to start looking for a new job :(
The low pay, and having to put up with him is not cool.
The pay is a big part, I have things I want to do with my life, and I cant do it with this kinda money.
There are some perks to the job, but they are starting to loose out to the bad sides.

~John

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I like my current boss. Best I ever had. It is a female.

John ... sorry to hear your troubles. Since this situation is getting to you and reduces your quality of life, it needs to be changed. The best thing to do is check your possibilities and act. Act according to a plan that benefits you ... the others (--> boss) are of no importance for your future here, so don't ruin it by doing something stupid that won't help anything than provide a brief satisfaction (if you win the fight) followed by a long period of regret.
You don't need to care about him, but about you.

Sounds simple, but is oh so difficult.

Like Buddha said ... "Life is difficult. But once you know that, life becomes easier."
But maybe it wasn't Buddha ... I am bad at quotes.

bernie

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my current boss... no desires to knock him out... Maybe slip him some valium so he'll slow down a bit.

But, the last big company I worked for (a LARGE computer company) I had so many bosses that were either idiots that never should have been hired, idiots that never should have been promoted or good guys that were just completely burned out... yeah. There's one or two I would have enjoyed having some alone time with in the middle of nowhere.

One of the guys that I usually got along with that no one else did (he was demoted once, then moved to a position with no customer interaction, then given such a bad review that he quit) had almost an entire shift walk out on him (keep in mind, we are talking about what was at the time, the largest computer production facility in the country at the time) and someone stole his car and set off what police called a "high temperature, non explosive device"... I think that's what they called it. Whoever took it, took it to a construction site and put whatever in it and it basically melted into some lumber.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope I dont give you ideas, LOL!!!! check this out!!!!!!

EDIT AlexGT: OPPSSS! Sorry about that!

Link to site with nudity removed - Empath

Last edited:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Id agree with you, but my boss is a women. Just knowing boss backwards is double s, o, b makes my day when something doesnt go the way I wanted.

My boss use to be rather mean, none of my ideas were any good, then a few weeks later she had a suggestion that was one of my ideas.

Since 4 employees left, the two storms in the gulf last summer, weve been so busy she doesnt even bother to walk behind me anymore to look over my shoulder or say anything to me.

Denise

Newly Enlightened
I think my boss is great. I do have a few co-workers I'd like to knock around. I suppose the good thing about it is at least I can ignore them.

Arkayne

Enlightened
I must be very lucky! I absolutely LOVE my job and can't wait to come in M-F. I suppose that's the life of a Sys Admin in charge of 10 servers and around 70 clients. As long as I keep everything running smoothly, I'll be loving life and refreshing CPF as much as I can.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I used to work for a self-serving, power-hungry twit. This individual made my life miserable (as well as the lives of others) for a few years. So I started documenting this individual's bad behavior in the context of how it was hurting the work environment.

It eventually paid off...:whistle: :)

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
scrappy said:
Neonlights - have to disagree on you there, "just cause" only goes so far. I was a union attorney for 6 years... rep'd the building service workers in NYC (SEIU 32b-J) and rep'd the hotel and motel trades council (almost all NYC hotel workers) - and have probably handled roughly 1500 arbitration cases... when it comes to profanity towards a manager or supervisor - I have won cases and lost cases... mainly lost the ones where the profanity was in front of customers, tenants or guests, however it does happen. Sometimes it just depends on the arbitrator hearing your case.
......and I'd have to disagree with you. I was specifically talking about my job at UPS, when it comes to my boss, profanity, getting fired, etc. Not necessarily union jobs in general. From what I hear, the situation with teamsters and UPS is worse than many union jobs (this is the first union job I've ever worked....and hopefully the last). Union jobs, like any jobs will vary from one place to another. I do know co-workers who have gotten "fired" multiple times for run-ins with their supervisors. Within a week or less they were back on the job. In the UPS hub where I work, there are no customers, only union employees and managers.

FWIW I hate the fact that people can swear at their managers where I work and be extremely disrespectful towards them and get away with it, but unfortunately that is the nature of the beast (the union)

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If by boss, you mean the GM of my store, I'm more likely to buy him dinner than punch him out. He's a great guy, the kind who'd post your bail if you needed him to.

I've had several other bosses that were deserving of a 2X4 across the head.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are lucky, maybe you will outlast him although by all accounts including your own, you're better to try to move on. I outlasted one particular nasty, bigotted boss. Where I work in the tech field when times get slow, the people who actually do the job tend to last longer then the people who get paid by supposedly what they know instead of what they actually do. Many of us, particularly the females were glad when this particular boss got the shaft in the early 90s slowdown.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
My current Director is referred to as "The RC" behind his back. (Rabid Chiuhaha.) He is obviously Adult Hyper Attention Defecet Disorder, or something like that. He can be talking on his cell while talking on the phone, typing an email and talking to you at the same time!!!!! I almost walked when he started a couple years ago. I'm glad I didn't as I have 18 years vested and am 5 from a "defined benifit" pension. (Fortune 50 company.) It was pretty miserable while he got up to speed with reality!!!!!

My group had been beaten into the mud by our previous bean-counting management, I had spent 2 years on a new product that would have made us the market leader and a corporate bean-counting lady was put in charge. Every third word out of her mouth was "execute." (No s**t!) I got 2 patents out of that after she killed the proj, (only to prevent our competitors from going there!)

Her predictions proved incorrect and she was moved (but not out :(), her replacement was a good guy, but he's history now. (This is is the RC's boss- VP level) This is just the last two years! Latest "management" has me doing a computer time sheet to the nearest 1/4 hour and this is for a Senior Principal Engineer working in R&D! :shakehead:

The "RC" brought a new energy to the group and has proven capable of cutting through the Corp. BS and getting things done! He cares about the customer and end users of our medical products! I'm trying to have fun! (At least until I can retire! :D )

O.T. but I also felt the need to vent a little!

Larry