Fog and flashlight light sabers

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell me I'm not alone with this one!

Had a long hard day cleaning up my late parents' estate. I come home and jump in the shower. My girlfriend decides to (ahem) conserve water and get in the shower with me. :devil: While we're getting out of the shower into the thoroughly foggy bathroom, she grabs my SL PP Lux AA off the towel stand and shines it in the fog. Then she makes little sword-ish cutting motions towards me. I jump for my pants and grab my Photon-knockoff to fight back with. A brief :touche: ensues that was actually rather fun.

How many of you have had light-saber fights in the fog, whether shower-created or naturally occuring outside?

Tell me I'm normal. For this crowd, at least. Please. :nana:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure that's what you did! :sssh: lol
But I've played with lights outside when foggy. LuxeonIII's in mag reflectors throw the farthest. My new 2C Cyan light I built seems to have the longest visable "beam" I've ever seen on a clear night. Can't wait for it to be foggy to try it out!!

Delvance

Enlightened
carrot said:
Me too!

But I've only played with myself.

:thinking: That really came out wrong... :ohgeez:

Yes it certainly did! :lolsign:

Can't say i've had lightsabre fights with my lights...there was one time an ex and i were sitting at a dark beach, then she starts playing with my X0 and making lightsabre noises haha.

Actually...i'm going back to the same spot tonight if it doesn't rain...i bet my ROP or RS623 would make one helluva sword...so taking them now! (And no, it's not with a gf ;))

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad I'm not alone, although I admit it was a bit over the top.

ABTOMAT-

I thought that exact same thing when the flashlights in the bathroom instead of magazines thread came up.

Cheers. :buddies:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
It rained here, but no fog. Oh well. The cyan beam is pretty visable. Can't wait to see it in thick fog with the light sparkling off of all the droplets in the air swirling around you. ahhh such a nice sight. :)

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Diesel_Bomber -

A GF that will play light sabre in the fog is likely a keeper.

Congratulations.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
:crackup: That quote will hunt you for years to come... I'l make sure of it.
:crackup:

Now, if the mods here had the same warped sense of humor as some on other sites, the "flashaholic" below his name would now be replaced with that quote. :grin2:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Did that with my SureFire.M6, Costco.HID, and Mag.HID with my neighbor's kid on my street. Now he's bugging his dad for more and brighter flashlights after playing with mine!

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was foggy as a MFer last night with visibility of about 30 yards, so of course I played light saber :grin2:

Thor-X%20light%20saber.jpg

Thor-X set on the mailbox by my car and I backed off about 75 feet to get the pic. The fog pretty much ate all of the beam, so much so that it wouldnt even light up the trees across the street.

Streamlight%20ProPoly%204AA%20Lux%20light%20saber%20800.jpg

Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon 4AA beam only reached about 15 feet.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang. You ve turned that poor innocent boy into a junior flashaholic. :ohgeez:

CHC said:
Did that with my SureFire.M6, Costco.HID, and Mag.HID with my neighbor's kid on my street. Now he's bugging his dad for more and brighter flashlights after playing with mine!