E2L Beamshaper

Numbers

Enlightened
I know this has been covered before but I think I have found the perfect "bottle cap" beamshaper for the E2L (I cant recall what's been recommended in previous threads). It is the clear/opaque (not white) bottle cap from the half litre Poland Spring water bottle. It fits the bezel perfectly and unlike the SF beamshaper (which we should all own anyway because it only cost $12) it leaves a bit of a hot spot in the beam. It's also smaller, easier to carry and fits in the holster better than the SF original. Very nice.

carrot

Flashaholic
I discovered this works well on a Mini Maglite too -- softens hard edges in a beam pretty well, and even makes the stock Minimag beam seem pretty nice, although buttery yellow. Never thought it'd work on a KL1 too, but maybe that's because I don't have one.

It's a bit brittle though. I dropped my Minimag bezel-down on the floor and the cap shattered.

Chris201W

Enlightened
Cool! I was a little worried about the F04 after some people said it gets loose with use, but if the Poland Springs caps work, you can just replace it (likely for free) if anything happens to it. I also use one on my minimag with opalec newbeam and find that it shifts the tint ever so slightly toward yellow. This is actually good since I use the light for reading and I prefer a yellower tint for this, easier on the eyes.