surefire 3p

arnold ziffle

Newly Enlightened
my friend went to a store and found they had 3 surefire 3ps new in the box so i had him pick one up for me. i was wondering if these were worth a slight premium over retail or more of a curiosity. what would one be worth . if anyone is interested the store is near santa rosa ca. ill get more details tomorrow when i pick it up.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Do you know if it comes in one color—black? Or the other "rare" colors? Also, one would be hard pressed to find the LA when you need them. Unless of course that store location has some readily available on hand.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I've never understood what all the fuss is about over 3P's, since I don't think they're as rare as some people here think and until very recently they didn't go for much on eBay. But I guess since CPF'ers post them for high prices and usually find a buyer they're on the valuable side now. Some folks here are buying black ones for a good amount over retail, colors for even more.

It uses the same style lamps, in this case the R30.

exoduster18

Newly Enlightened
3P? I've never heard of it....is it like a scaled down version of the 6P? Or, if not, what exactly does it look like?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a short, one-cell 6P. Not too bright, wasn't a big seller and was dropped a few years back.

There's also a 3R, which is nothing more than a 6P with an R30 bulb in it. The short rechargable pack was only good for 3V.

Last edited: