Big QIII switch question

vic303

Enlightened
HI, I've got a two stage Big QIII that I like, however the tail switch is a bit too stiff for my taste. Any suggestions on how to make it easier to depress without damaging the tail switch and its contents? Would simply stretching the spring help?
Thanks.
Vic

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the mechanics of the switch is all inside the siwtch. I don't think there is anything to do to the switch to make it not as stiff. Sorry!

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can say as a person who has owned 4+ Q3's that the switch will "loosen up" through normal use. All of mine, especially some newer ones were remarkably stiff at first, but I definitely notice that they are easier to operate the more they are used. Other than that, goldserve is correct.

-DF

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try removing the switch - look for a spacer ring that is between the switch assembly and the protective rubber switch button cover.

In my q-3 and 301-X-5watt I found a plastic spacer that is beveled to guide the button and always keep it centered.

When I replaced that with a flat thin plastic washer with proper external size - with a hole in it of proper diameter for the button to pass thru - then I personaly found the buttons on each light easier to press .

I think the original spacer limits how far your finger can sink into the switch body to activate the button .

Well ......thats just my opinion......see what you think by trying it .

Longbow

Enlightened
About a year ago I did the sa e as TMG. I also lubed the switch with Rem-Lube. It works much smoother, and requires about half the presure to activate.