What do you think of the new Ipod volume limiter?

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried it out today, and I think it is a good feature. I never max out the device anyway. The volume adjustment scale doesn't seem to change, so limiting the volume has the added effect of expanding the range of volume choices. And there's no risk of blasting your ears by mis-handling the volume wheel.

It would be nice if you could set a minimum volume, too. Who ever turns the volume off instead of just pausing?

Cheers Apple!

I wish my TV and Stereo had this feature, too.

Last edited:

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
There are devices you can buy that attach to your TV to limit the max volume. It's especially good for cable channels where the commercials are twice as loud as the show you are watching.

I found that good earbuds that seal to exclude outside noise allows me to enjoy music at much, much lower lolume levels. In a few cases, the lowest setting is still almost too high.

Daniel

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a sony Cd player with a AVLS auto volumen limiiting system. I never used it because when turned on, you could barely hear the sound. I don't think they adjusted it right from the factory. I mean unless you were in a sound proof chamber and really concentrated, you could barely make out vocals lol. Maybe they changed headphones and the new ones were more power hungry :shrug:

cy

Flashaholic
first thing I did when messing with my boy new ipod is almost blasted my ear drum out!

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
i odn't even see the need. I use a 4gb nano alonst 8 hours a day and never "blast" myself. Then again, I'm over careful as I do have some hearing loss due to loud clubs, concerts and really bad habbits as a youth