Any Fish Geeks here besides me??

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
On top of Scanning and lights, fishkeeping has always been a hobby of mine. I have had every kind of tank under the sun. Freshwater, African Cichlids, saltwater, reef, planted. At one time I had 3 tanks! Very time consuming though. Here is a pic of the only tank I have now. Its a 38 gallon Freshwater planted tank. I have a Pressurized Co2 system on this set up activated by a pH monitor, in other words, when the plants need CO2, it kicks on automaticly. Just in case your wondering the real colorful fish is a Bosemani Rainbowfish. Oh and the lights, I have a Coralife light kit that is running 2 x 96 W compact flourecents, AKA, Bright for the plants. The bright light and Nutrient rich substrate and the CO2 have me trimming these plants every week!!

So if you are a fish geek, post a Pic of your tank!!

Heres mine!

Fishtank004.jpg

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to be before I went to night shift. Had a salt water 55 but after I went to night shift my schedule fluctuated so much that it got neglected. I didn't restock it as the fish ate each other or died.

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
I have a 75 gallon reef aquarium. Its torn down now, probably get it up and running in a year or so. Sold all my fish and corals but kept the equipment. The main aquarium is 75 gallons with a 29 gallon refugium next to it and a 20 gallon sump underneith. It has 4 lights on it, two 110w VHO flouresents and two 250w metal halides. Pretty bright and sucked the electricity.

joecandlepower

Newly Enlightened
I'm a semi-fishgeek.

I have a 11 inch comet goldfish that we kind of inherited when it was only 2-3 inches long.

She is a lot of work to take care of. But she's neat to watch and shes very curious and social.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a 100 gallon Rubbermaid horse trough outside with half a dozen 7 year old goldfish.

I originally had a dozen 3/4" fish, all of em cost $1... then one day the water truck man filled his tank in LA instead of Ventura and the fish got a dose of chlorine, 6 survive..they just get well and rain water now..they've grown,
5 inches or so..I run a filter for them, put some conditioner in there once in a while, feed em twice a day, that's all. I keep the tub covered from the sun, and screening over the rest to foil the birds..

They're very relaxing to watch floatin' around..

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've found a lushly planted tank is just as impressive as a reef tank but a lot less trouble. Think Takashi Amano and "Nature Aquarium World." The fish and shrimps add interest but the plants are obviously the main attraction.

Take a look: http://www.adaeuro.com/gallery.asp

Last edited:

nirad

Enlightened
I have a 70 gallon fresh water. I keep African Cichlids and various Synodontis catfish. I even have a Synodontis Angelicus seen here, which I told was quite rare and are not alllowed to be exported from Africa. I have kept fish for over 15 years. Pics not good right now...tank needs cleaned:eeew:

s_angelicus11.jpg

reefphilic

Enlightened
I kept freshwater fishes when I'm a small kid. Had switched to marine since then. Gonna love those fishes with personalities. My long nose butterflyfish will blow jets of water at my direction when I go near the tank.....just like a dog running towards you and waving it's tail when you came home. Had three tanks running at one time. One reef, one fowlr and one seahorse tank. Right now, only one tank is running due to work and space constrain.

Taylorf

Enlightened
I have had a fish tank for about 10 years probably. Its not too big (30 gallons) and I have never done too much with it. My favorite fish would definitely be my Brown Knife fish. They are really cool looing because the they have 3 fins, one fin that runs along its whole bottom and then two side fins.