• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Lux I side emitter star

perfectname

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a Lux I side emitter star with a good tint. I would prefer R bin, but if nobody has one I'll take a Q. Does anyone have one they could part with?

perfectname

Newly Enlightened
I looked there but it looks like all the white ones are either high-dome or batwing. The light I'm working on (UK eLED) uses a side emitter, and I don't think anything else will work with the shallow reflector.

Last edited:

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few se's when I get home this afternoon I will check.they might be Q or P-X1J's.If I have them you are welcome to them.

Chris

perfectname

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Chris. I would be interested in the Q if you have it. I guess even a P would be better than the NX1K I'm replacing. I'll look forward to hearing what you have.

Nathan

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... some of the eLEDs had N-bins in them? That's awful. I recently bought one and the tint is very nice... slightly green-ish yellow, but only very slightly. I was all set to upgrade it, but to be honest, I like the tint so much, I'll probably just stick with it unless I can find a really nice T**H Lux III side emitter.

Since the board seems to be constant current, you could use a Lux III and the output and runtime would be about the same as the equilavent... ie, a Lux III T-bin would be the same as a Lux I R-bin.

perfectname

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the NX1K was truly awful. It always seemed like it should be brighter. One night I got so frustrated I ripped off the reflector and was pleasantly surprised to find that I could whittle away the epoxy around the star.

I think you are right about it being constant current. I put a 10 Ohm resistor in series with the LED. The brightness was almost the same and the voltage on the LED was only .02V different.

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know Photon Fanatic had some S-bin Lux III side emitters last time I checked his 'main' thread... Pretty cheap too, I think.