Uses for UV flashlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting a UV Minimag modded light from uvflashlights.com and was wondering what all I could do with it? I tried using the search function but was unsuccessful. Thanks!!

jarobi

Enlightened
I think blood will glow in UV light. There's also fluorescent ink that will glow in UV (use it at work for hand stamps).

lrp said:
I'm getting a UV Minimag modded light from uvflashlights.com and was wondering what all I could do with it? I tried using the search function but was unsuccessful. Thanks!!

Detecting refrigerant leaks using a dye tracer and testing out materials' fluorescence property in labs.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blood will not flouresce with a UV light alone, the blood of suspected area must be sprayed with luminol before a UV light will make it flouresce.

I use mine mostly for UV leak detecting dyes in AC systems and also for rock/mineral hunting.

dca2

Enlightened
Find the hidden eagle on a Visa, M C on MasterCard, E X on American Express, neat little fibers in checks, the stripes in US currency, lost body fluids on hotel room furniture, postage meter ink(US), dried up Play Dough, etc.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
lrp said:
Depends on the wavelength of the UV light. I don't know anything about it, you can try to use Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.