Glow in the dark rubber bands ?

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know of a source ?

Ideal not only for wrapping around Torches, but in fact anything else you need to find at night.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I think Nike makes a glow in the dark version of theirs called a "baller ID band"? Also GraphicIce.Com has these ones that appear white and glow green in the dark.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alternatively, you can consider glow in the dark cord (Tadgear sells them) or glow in the dark tape.

Don't think these last more than an hour though. Haven't had a chance to test them but they are definitely not visible after a fairly short while.

greenLED

Flashaholic
How large of an item do you need to wrap? The 5/8" GID o-rings I'm selling will wrap around a D-size Maglite. I also have 1" o-rings, so you can image those would stretch quite a bit.

flashlite

Enlightened
Will these work?

http://www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=2093

They're for body jewelry but I saw in BST they were being used for flashlights. I did a pretty extensive search a few months ago for real O-rings and rubber bands for this very purpose. There wasn't anything available and to have them manufactured was very expensive. I gathered that there wasn't enough interest here on CPF to make it cost effective.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Re: Glow-in-the-Dark Rubber Bands

Hey there greenLED!

Just curious here—Does the G.i.t.D O-Rings you have need to be "lit" up first before glowing (brightly I'm sure it will for a short run)? And if so, does it glow even on "low" for pratically the whole night? :thinking:

Thanks!

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: Glow-in-the-Dark Rubber Bands

CHC said:
Just curious here—Does the G.i.t.D O-Rings you have need to be "lit" up first before glowing (brightly I'm sure it will for a short run)? And if so, does it glow even on "low" for pratically the whole night? :thinking:
As with other GID products, they need to be "charged" first for them to glow. How much they charge (and, therefore, how long they glow for) will depend on a couple of things: wavelength of the light source, time of exposure, and quality of the glowing material.

I don't expect them to glow for 12 hours as very few commercial items I've seen are made with the top-grade materials glowinc.com sells. I haven't done a formal glow "runtime" (I'm getting too old to wake up in the middle of the night to check for glow :p) so I can't say for sure how long they glow.

Incidentally, here's the link to the current GID o-rings sales thread.

CLHC

Flashaholic
:thanks: for the reply greenLED!

In the middle of the night I'm waaay to :sleepy: too!