How many lights you keep in your car, truck and/or boat?

tron3

Banned
I keep a little Coast light in my glove compartment. 3 N-cells, 3 LED's, and rated about 46.5 lumens. So says the package.

Plus a little emergency tool that takes 2 AA's, and I really don't count on it for light.

Not creating a poll, but here are the ratings as I see them.

0 lights. That's why I have AAA and a cell phone.
1 light. Never know when you need to change a tire in the dark, etc.
2 lights. I've changed tires in the dark before and know one isn't enough.
3 lights. I just like having more than the other guy.
4 lights. One for each tire or side of the boat.
5 or more lights. Don't look in my trunk, please!

As always name your flashlights by Make and Model. Pics with your car encouraged. Don't show plate numbers to protect the innocent.

Last edited:

maxilux

Enlightened
Don´t you give up with these Questions.
Please tell me, who wants to know this ????
No one !!!!

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
Changes all the time. Right now:

Maxfire LX w/ G&P 3W conversion.
Fauxton in ashtray.
3-4 Fauxtons as giveaways...always nice to tempt potential converts.

And if my butt happens to be in the car at the time, you can add the Fenix L0P on my keychain. Keep my car keys on separate fob from housekeys.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a bright incan 2x 123-cell powered light (SF G2 or something similar) and an LED modded MiniMag in the glovebox of each car with AA lithiums. Basically one light that will give me a lot of light and decent throw for about an hour, and an LED light that will give decent output for at least 5-6 hours. Both with lithiums for all-weather and long-term reliability.

-Keith

Stream

Enlightened
The lights I have in my car are:
3D Mag held by mounted brackets on the passenger side.
Osram 3AA flashlight in the mid console that doubles as an emergency flasher with a magnet on the tail end.
Osram 4D spotlight/florescent lantern in the trunk.
And two cheapo 2AA plastic/rubber lights that I can hand out or give away to people who might need a flashlight.

I'd say I have enough lights for an emergency, but I wouldn't be a flashaholic if I didn't plan on upgrading :D

RigMedic

Newly Enlightened
I keep a SF G2 in the glove compartment of my truck...this one light probably sees more use than anyother light I own right now (which isn't many at this point)...I keep a 3 D-cell maglight in a little storage compartment under the front passenger seat of my wife's minivan for her.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire 6P with P61 HOLA for when I need a LOT of light
Brinkmann LED II for when I need some light for a LONG time.
Princeton Tec Matrix II in the trunk for vehicle repair work.
6-7 flares because I still haven't found anything else that gets motorist attention quite as well.

jezzyp

Enlightened
EL blaster Jnr with lithiums (main light), cheapo LED 2AA (long running or give away), fauxton on keyring and 12v 10w floodlamp to plug into lighter socket in boot.

I'm still saving up for the boat...

ecnica

Newly Enlightened
Cyclops Xenon from Sam's Club
Task Force 1w led from Lowe's
MiniMag with NI drop-in in the center console
xtra batterries for each.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trucks:

(1) Mag 3D DB-3W
(1) Mag 2D/3D EverLED
(1) SF G2 P61
(2) Minimag Nite-Ize

Cars:

(1) Mag 2D EverLED
(2) Minimag Nite-Ize

Extra batteries for everything. AA's are lithium, the Minimags are mostly to give away. The D's are alkalines; the ones in the cars get replaced every year, the ones in the trucks don't last that long.

Cheers. :buddies:

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
In the SUV I have three. A pelican m6 in a battery station pelican cut out case with a dozen extra batteries. As a beater light, I have a Sam's cyclops with a UK 4AA. The third light is the led on the Vector starter/inflater.

On the boat is a Browning 3c light from pelican.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I generally carry 4 flashlights in each vehicle. A 5 C Cell Maglight in the floor by the seat in the van, and by the 4WD shift in the truck. An Inova X0 in the glovebox. And a Brinkman headlamp and RR 2 AAA or Minimag MJLED in each emergency kit.

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys and Gals,

In my Car I keep an Inova T3 and a Pelican M6 w/BOG 3W DI in the glovebox. I also have a Streamlight 3C Luxeon if I have a need for seeing something at a distance. They ride in the car all the time. When I enter the car you can add an ARC LSH-ST my new EDC modified by LitFuse. His mods are First Rate and they rock. It replaced my Fenix L1P as my EDC also a great little light. I also carry a SureFire Z2 combat light w/P60 LA, and an ARC-AAA P on a neck lanyard. On my keys I carry either an Ultra-G or a Fenix L0P, it just depends on which set of keys I pick up.

In my Wife's car there is a 4C Maglite with an UCL and EverLed installed. She also has an ARC LSL-P in her cupholder in case the Mag fails for some reason. She also has an Inova Microlight (green) on her keychain. She loves the green color, and she thinks the shape is cute. She's not into lights but she is very happy that I am when she has a need for them.

Happy Dark Trails

Buckeye

Enlightened
LEDBEAM 3C in the trunk. Dorcy 2C 8-LED in the armrest storage. The one time in the last year I needed the lights, my trunk area was covered in broken glass. A semi clipped the rear end and broke two windows. :awman: The light in the front of the vehicle came in handy. Of course that was before I joined CPF and now I carry three lights in my pockets.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should get a kick out my compulsive behaviour, guess I am a flashaholic.
This is part of my inventory list for my Truck and Boat, the lights drift between the two vehicles. The Boat has a head light fashioned from a 1 Million CP spot light that also could be pressed back into service as a hand held, besides the other two below. I fish at night sometimes; navigate big lakes by GPS. I have been known to navigate long off trail hikes through the mountains by GPS at night too. Definately I am out in the country or mountains often enough. And as I write I have more lights on order from Dae and Ebay. Oh, how I love this forum.
1 Million CP Spot Light, 2 modes
1 Million CP Spot Light
100K CP Spot Light
Nuwai TM-800x3 3 modes, modified
7 w Luxeon Tactical, Golston
Maglight, rechargeable
25 LED Head Light, 4 modes
3 LED modified Rayovac Angle light
Shakelight 60
Flourescent Trouble Light
Flourescent Green Fishing Light

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Surefire E2e and Inova X5T in the center console compartment of my car. The Surefire for the bright, the X5T for the long. Im probably getting another A2, this one with white LEDs pretty soon. When that happens the A2-YG I have now might end up in the car instead of the E2e.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 are always in my car- my Maglite 2D with 8xAA and KPR118 bulb, and a Pelican M6 LED. I carry the Mag for fun, wondering if someone will ever comment that it seems brighter than theirs. I carry the Pelican for backup, since it is a very good light on its own and more reliable than the modded Maglite.

In my briefcase I carry a Nuwai QIII. If I'm travelling I carry maybe a few others in my suitcase. I have a little Princeton Tec on my keychain.

So most of the time when I'm in the car there are 4 or more lights with me.