My UK eLED died an early death, but UK made good!

LightHearted

Enlightened
I had been using my UK eLED for just over a year with great joy, as it was one of my favorite lights. Yesterday, it slipped out of my hands and landed on the tile floor and went out. :mecry: There were no marks of any kind on the light, but it just wouldn't go back on. I called UK, and a very nice young lady by the name of Raquel gave me an RMA# and told me to send it back. That was awefully nice of them. I guess it's just as well, because the little rubber switch cover was coming off and becoming a nuisance. I've never dealt with UK customer cervice before, but this first experience is looking good so far. Hopefully the replacement light will be every bit as pure white as my first one. I'll keep you posted.

Ken

Last edited:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My UK eLED died and early death.

Well I hope you get your light back fixed - good luck. The UK eLed is one of my favorite lights too [note the * in the sig lines]. I've had great luck with them. I've bought about 15 of them and have given all but three away as gifts. I turned each of them on to compare them and the light output and beam pattern is very consistent. Only one of them had a slight [very slight] green tint to it, and it was the brightest one. I gave it to my brother in law who turned me on to LED lights.

Niteowl

Enlightened

I had bought two for friends after having mine for a year.

I called UK to comment on the beam quality/color which did not measure up to the first one. The woman took the lot numbers and left me with the impression I would be sent a new module to check out and compare with the first one. A week later two complete lights showed up at my door!

They were a little better the the other two. My friends got two lights and I got two more, what a deal for $40 + S&H!

Good luck with the tint. Varies a bit it seems.

Oh yes, I called to thank the woman a week later and she was no longer working there...........Hmmmmmm.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

BrightGuy has them on sale for $25 each now, which is the same price as the LED module orderable as a service part / accessory! Great light!

LightHearted

Enlightened
Alive agian!

My replacement eLED arrived by Fed-Ex today. I'm a very happy customer. They gave me a new light sealed in package and all. THANKS UK! Doing a white wall test shows that the output of this light is slightly cooler than my previous one which was perfectly white. It's still nowhere near that Nichia "angry blue" though. HOWEVER, this light seems to be almost TWICE AS BRIGHT as the one I sent back. That is a fantastic trade off as far as I'm concerned. In everyday use I will probably never notice the slight color change, but I will definitely notice two times the total light output. I wonder if the brighter output will change the fantastic battery life that I was getting with the old eLED. I don't see how it can, since it's fully regulated. Have any of you people out there that recently purchased an eLED noticed an increase in brightness, or am I just lucky? All in all, two thumbs up for UK customer service.

Also, I just learned something new about this light by reading the instructions that came with it. Apparently, it is designed to be able to lock out the switch by loosening the bezel. FANTASTIC! I never new that. Now, I know it will never go on unexpectedly when i throw it in a pack. I don't see why these lights aren't more popular than they are around here.

:goodjob:

Ken

Last edited:

rycen

Enlightened
Sounds like you got the new model.It is brighter but has shorter runtime.