activity led on SATA harddrive.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought my first SATA harddrive the other week.

but i cannot get the HDD activity indicator to work.

their is no connector on the SATA pci card to attach the LED cable to.

any help apriciated.

thankyou.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
most the time elds dont work i finf is because people plug em in bacwards but i aint sure what ya probelm is i would of thought ya adapter card would have its own led concecter but i never used one before i always use the onbaord adapter thats on mobo

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
TinderBox (UK) said:
I just bought my first SATA harddrive the other week.

but i cannot get the HDD activity indicator to work.

their is no connector on the SATA pci card to attach the LED cable to.

any help apriciated.

thankyou.
I would not expect to find any leads to connect HDD LEDs since the PCI card is a generic device interface, you could use any other type of SATA device through it, provided you have one. I've never used the card myself, preferring to use sata motherboards than the PCI interface. Whenever a PCI card is included in the SATA HDD kit, the card goes on ebay.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Promise Technology PCI board has LED connectors, but I've never used them.

SATAII150%20TX%20Series%20User%20v1.3_5.jpg

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello eluminator

nice card.

I have been looking for an card with NCQ.

do you know if this card will work with SATA1 drives, as it is an SATA2 card.

thankyou.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got this board to solve a temporary problem. One of my SATA drives got sick, and when I bought a replacement I wanted to be able to connect all 3 SATA drives temporarily so I could copy the contents of the sick one to the new one. I didn't have an external enclosure that handled SATA and the good SATA external enclosures I found on the internet were all out of stock. This board worked well.

I also found it handy when I wanted to test a new DVD burner prior to installing it into someone else's computer. I found the IDE connector on this board was easier to get to than the one on my motherboard. Again it worked well.

This board design is a couple of years old and it's fairly cheap, and I liked the price. Promise may have a newer board for somewhat more money. You probably wouldn't go wrong with either one.