Got my CC L1Ps.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my CC L1Ps in yesterday. Saw when they had a sale and figured sure why not, my dad wants one anyways so I fired PP away.

I was a little worried when tritium said his had weird colors and didn't seem like a luxeon. Well both of mine seem just fine. Packaging and accesories looks 100% fenix. And if it's not it's an exact copy!

In comparision to my L1P I got from 4sevens original group buy, The lights are a tiny bit different, due to revisions and improvements. My original one has the heavy AR coated lens, that casts a strong purple sheen next to a peice of paper when turned on, and the old style holster pouch, (which I like more!).

Tint of my original is on the warm white site(V1/V0?), the other two are slight pink/warm(W0?), and slight blue/cyan(Y0?).

Original GB one:
HA is lighter in shade and has a ceramic feel.
orings are thinner or smaller.
heavy purple AR coating on lens.
reflector has tiny "dust" or metal flakes that were plated over.
switch boot rubber is duller and harder.
tailcap knurling towards end more, and smaller lanyard holes.
clickie is pretty firm.

New CC ones:
HA is darker black and smoother feel.
orings are thicker/bigger.
slight AR coating that is slightly bluish on lens.
reflector has no "dust", and is super clean- flawless.
switch boot rubber is shinnier and softer. (different rubber?)
tailcap kurnling moved down for room for larger lanyard holes.
clickie is a lot less firm.

So overall looks like they've been tweaking them. Larger lanyard holes, cleaner machining, upgraded larger o-rings for better seal, clean reflector before plating, softer (less brittle?) boot cover, etc. The HA has a smooth slick feel to it and is dyed darker. Not sure if it's more durable, but seems to be as it just "looks" thicker. I would say it's at least maglite typeII thick/hard from look and feel. Overall I like all the changes except the clickie but that's because I like my clickies really firm! Others do not so that's a personal prefernce. I still like my original one though, it's got that cool heavy purple AR, stiff clickie, and pouch I like!

Can anyone confirm if the new style clickies are indeed softer?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, I could swap a spare tailcap boot from the new lights into my old one for an update. And probably the o-rings as well. The new orings makes it a little harder to turn the tail-cap so I'm thinking that they just upgraded the thickness and didn't change the groove where the o-ring sits.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought one from four sevens and it is like your new one as well. My original one has a very firm clickie, while my newer one has a softer clickie that doesn't need nearly as hard of a push. It is also a darker shinier finish when compared to my original that did feel more ceramic like. The beams are very similar though. My original is a little bit whiter in comparison, but you have to shine them against a while wall back and forth to see any difference. When they are by themselves they look identical.

Either way I love my L1P and consider it the best flashlight for under $40 by far.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes all 3 beams are the same on mine. Forgot to add that. When used by their selves they all seem "white". Thanks for confirmation on the switch/etc.

I love the L1P as well. Price/size/performance/AA-battery is awesome.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked the old lights better personally. I don't like the soft switch boot and switch in the newer ones.

The thicker O-rings are nice though.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only thing I don't like is the softer clickie. The soft switch boot is nice because my original one feels like it's getting hard and brittle. The newer ones have better QC and machining, and thicker o-rings.