The Army's new secret weapon: water

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
when I saw the pictures of the "ammo trucks" I knew I was being "Buffalo'd" (PUN very MUCH intended )

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now a new way to get busted, "Assault with water force" :laughing:

I wonder, will we have to register these new water guns?:laughing:

tobjectpascal

Banned
AMMO was computer "drawn on" to the tank of water, the image where they are reloading with water down the pipe obviously fake lol, funny and it's quite good and trying to be releastic, "squirt" values, lol.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Water at high enough pressure is very effective at cutting rock and metal. I can't imagine it would have the range of conventional weapons though. :)

daBear

Enlightened
Nice one. Never thought of a buffalo full to ammo. Anybody out there ever shaved at a buffalo in their helmet and been hollered at for shaving at the water point?

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting.... I saw a fire truck looking truck pass us today on the highway with the slogan waterous on the back with paintings of fire fighters fighting fires.

You guys do know the first cannons were steam powered. They were heated and a drop of water was used to make an explosion of steam to fire it.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
cobb said:
Interesting.... I saw a fire truck looking truck pass us today on the highway with the slogan waterous on the back with paintings of fire fighters fighting fires.

You guys do know the first cannons were steam powered. They were heated and a drop of water was used to make an explosion of steam to fire it.

Waterous is a company that makes pumps used in fire engines.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lightmeup said:
The military has developed a new weapons technology: Hydro-ordnance. What do you think?

http://www.howstuffworks.com/hydro-ordnance.htm

Note that this is a new technology. The army has been using water as a weapon for many, many years.

In MP school I was almost asleep one night when I heard something. It was a group of people marching in a very solemn formation. The leader had a towel draped over his out stretched arms and in the palms he was holding a bar of soap. The big, harsh yellow stuff used in KP duty.
Flanking him were several others each holding a stiff bristled long handled wooden brush.
They stopped at a well known bunk and informed the occupant that either he take a shower *RIGHT NOW* or they were going to give him a shower *RIGHT NOW*.
He decided to face the water himself.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
tvodrd said:
KC2IXE, I see you been there too! :D

Larry (WJ6I)

Nah - Just worked for a defense contractor, so spent a LOT of time with the guys who had "Been there, done that" - learned to keep my mouth shut, and listen - so was accepted as much as a civilian can be