Has anyone seen the new Niteize 2-6 C/D drop ins being sold yet?

Raven

Enlightened
See here

Hurricane season is fast approaching, and I'd like to drop a led into my Maglite 6C.

I'd wait for the new official Maglite bulbs, but they're only listed for 1-4 cells, so that leaves me out.

I know that the Diamonds are well regarded, and Everled has fantastic regulation, but I'm trying to wait it out, to see just what kind of output/regulation the new Niteize drop ins offer, before committing.

Even so, I'm really hoping to wrap up all of my hurricane preps before the end of April, so everyone needs to keep an eye out for the new Niteize drop ins, damnit, and get the word out as soon as you see em being sold :D

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
that looks like some sort of short 10mm LED so the output wouldnt be near that of the stock bulb

though their runtime numbers dont see to match that assumption

Me Too

Newly Enlightened
I've ben looking out for them as well. As soon as I find one I will post it and where I found them. I've also ben looking out for the Red Minimag LEDs because I work with chickens. Thay can not see red light. You can take a white light into the chicken house and thay will scatter around but with the red they will just sit. :sleepy:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're not released yet - but even when they are they won't work with 5/6 cell lights without using dummy cells. I've seen it in action and it's not very bright - but it will be cheap and have amazing run times - something like 100hrs in a 3-4 D cell light.

If you want bright I'd suggest a TerraLUX TLE-DB-3W and 3 dummy cells - 100 lumens or so of Lux III goodness. LINK

The red kits for the AA minimags are due in about 30 days as is the green conversion and IQ switch.

Check this page - we'll be adding preorder links in the next few days for all of these items

Last edited: