tnc keylux aaa vs fenix l0p vs peak pacific aaa

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
Any thoughts? Which one has the best combination of spillbeam, runtime, finish, size, and brightness? If i were to have only 1, which one would it be? Sorry if this is defying the cpf philosiphy to buy them all, but i only have enough saved for 1 light, and only 1.

Last edited:

anch

Newly Enlightened
3 similar but different lights

Size (largest to smallest)
Pacific, Keylux, Fenix

Brightness
Pacific and Fenix tie - The Pacific hotspot is smaller and brighter, the Fenix hotspot is larger and also has a larger and brighter sidespill

Quality
The Keylux N cell with the AAA battery tube is a precision jewel. The Fenix and Pacific tie IMHO

Runtime (Longest to shortest)
Pacific. Keylux, Fenix

Which to pick?
If you can find a Keylux (and want to pay the price it is a light you may cherish - but may also wish to safeguard and protect by not carrying)

If you want a light to carry get the Fenix or Pacific. If you want the best throw and runtime get the Pacific. If you want the smallest form factor and don't mind the shorter runtime get the Fenix

But really - you know you want them all

Anch

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget that the TNC keylux AAA and Peak Pacific AAA have flat regulation, the L0P fails in that reguard.

D@rk, if you buy them all... send me the ones you don't want. :)

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
boy, that pacific look's big. I know many had mentioned it, but next to the LOP which I have seen next to a ARC-AAA-P, it's real apparent why. That head is not only bigger around, but longer then i would ever have thought. VDG

randyo

Enlightened
Kinda makes you wonder if Peak should have advertised the Pacific as a CR2 twisty light - with the ability to add on 1AAA, 2AAA, CR23, and AA capability. If they had gone that route, you probably wouldn't be seeing all of the "Gosh - it's too big" comments.

Last edited:

Roger11

Newly Enlightened
You can also put in 10440 3.7v RC aaa in the Pacific.

The pacific is brighter and for longer than the L0P in my opinion. It is also LUX III underdriven. I have both. Regretfully it is big. It seems less large in its CR2 format.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow glad I went with the Fenix. The Pacific I had so much hope for is so huge, comparatively speaking it's a bust. I can't help think someone lost sight of the fact that people want the AAA size because of it's size otherwise they'd just a a double A size light.