E Series Modularity

Chris201W

Enlightened
I've been looking into the Surefire E series a lot lately and I've decided that I'd like to get the following:

E series 1 cell body
E series 2 cell body
KL1 Head
KL4 Head (this is gonna be the tough one)
E series incandescent bezel w/appropriate 1 and 2 cell lamp assemblies.

With all this, I can make all these flashlights, albeit not at the same time:
E1E
E1L
E2E
E2L
L4
1 Cell L4

My questions is, what's the most cost effective way to buy all this? For example, I could buy and E1L and an E2L to get the 1 and 2 cell bodies, but then I'd have two KL1 heads. Instead, I'd rather buy and E2E and an E1L. I'm sure I could figure out the cheapest way to get all this stuff, but there are other factors too, like the long clip on the E2L body. Can I buy this separately if I get the 2 cell body from an E2E? How would you go about acquiring all these parts?

I don't even want to think about E series compatable stuff from other companies...

rycen

Enlightened
buy a L4 and E1L then look for the E series head and bulbs here on CPF.

carrot

Flashaholic
How about an E1L and L4?

$128+77 from OpticsHQ, with CPF discounts. Then an E*e bezel, MN01 and MN03 lamps from Lighthound, for $55.

I haven't bothered calculating yet, but I believe it's cheaper to buy the whole LED lights, and then the incandescent parts seperately, since the LED heads appear more expensive at first glance.

Chris201W

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions. One other questions: do all E series bodies have clicky tailcaps? If so, what model is it? Z57?

rycen

Enlightened
The z57 is the click tailcap.All L4,E1L,E2L had the z57 and most newer E1E,E2E have it.