Just got a KL-3, what revision do i have?

Rifter

Enlightened
I just got a KL-3 black. It was ordered in from surefire when i ordered it(from 911 supply in calgary canada) so i assume its the newest one available however i thought that was a 3w where as surefires website lists output as 19 lumens which im sure is a 1w not a 3w. Mine said 3w on the bag and also has some crazy looking optics. Its clean white no blue at all, no artifacts at all in the beam and throws like you wouldnt believe with no side spill. is this the Gen2 or gen3? im assuming it isnt a gen 1 cause its clearly a 3w.

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
I've got the same Black Gen 2 KL3 head as you Rifter, but I got mine from John at Lighthound. Did you also get the old Gen 1 KL3 folder with Gen 2 head? I thought that was a little sloppy on SureFire's part to pack the old literature with the new product.

Rifter

Enlightened
"Did you also get the old Gen 1 KL3 folder with Gen 2 head? I thought that was a little sloppy on SureFire's part to pack the old literature with the new product."

Yes i did. Thought that was kinda stupid when you consider how much the product cost you would think they would have time to spend 10 min on a computer and make some more paperwork for the new product. Especialy considering it says in the paperwork i got a 1w module, even though I know thats not correct how many people not on CPF would?

Latest posts