Some real-world LED applications...

grnamin

Enlightened
I'm on vacation here in the Philippines right now. On the flight from JFK to HK, as I left the lavatory, I overheard a lady asking a flight attendant if she could borrow a flashlight. I noticed that the flight attendant was having trouble finding a flashlight so I whipped out my Surefire KL4 (modded with a UW0K) on a Vital Gear FB2 and handed it to the flight attendant. When she turned it on, she exclaimed, "Whoa! That's bright!"
biggrin.gif
Turned out that the lady lost her diamond bracelet and needed a light to find it in the darkened cabin. She eventually found it in her carry-on bag.

My Dad underwent major surgery a week ago. The doctor who inserted a catheter into Dad's subclavian vein for IV fluids realized that the tube had misrouted into Dad's jugular vein and needed to be backed out a few centimeters. The lighting wasn't adequate in Dad's hospital room so I assisted with my KL4 and had the doctor wear my Princeton Tec Apex. The procedure was a success and devoid of any discomfort on my Dad's part.

We still have the occasional blackouts here on the island where I grew up. They're called "brownouts" here because they don't engulf the whole island, just parts. This is where the flashaholic in me was born.
biggrin.gif

Dad, himself a cardiologist, uses the Petzl Myo XP I gave him whenever he performs cardiac pacemaker implantations. Looks like I'm leaving him my PT Apex. He fell in love with it the moment he saw it. Dad's a closet flashaholic.
biggrin.gif

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hey nice exprience here. I remember those "brownouts" when I was there in the Philippines. We got a blast using them Coleman Butane Lanterns! The only flashlights we used were those plastic Ray O Vac/EverReady ones and the Crook Necks. But it was those lanterns that held my attention along with the kerosene lamps.

bl4kkat

Newly Enlightened
i was in PI last summer and during those brown outs really sucked cause that ment no more power to run the fans :thumbsdow but there was this one night where we were having a phat celebration. with food and drinks and of course VIDEOKE... but i dunno what it was (i think it was the videoke) but the power in the entire area just went pitch black and it was only like 8-9ish at night.

then for some reason i got really excited and began to walk back to the house where my luggage was kept by the light of my cell fone. thats where i busted out with all my flashlights! (at that time i didnt kno there where fellow flashaholics like myself and my light collection wasnt that great either) my mini mag, 2 costco led lights, a pal light, while both my bros had a mini mag each, and got some crappy coleman lights my parents brought.

well anyways long story short i got the lights back to the party, all the aunties and uncles were able to enjoi the night again and all the kids went around the neighborhood and cemetary with the trikes. after all that we chilled at the park... at what time i didnt kno, who cares :) all i kno is that i had a reason to play with my lights and play with my cousins.

but when we left my mini mag and pal light went missing... oh well :ohgeez: