No more sheaths for Inova?

Apollo

Newly Enlightened
Stopped by the local Target today and picked up one of the new X1's (without the annoying "spotlight" optic) as well as another X5, but I noticed that both now come with lanyards instead of the sheaths. What gives? I know the sheaths were nothing to write home about, but I found them more useful than the lanyards.

Last edited:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got it. No more sheaths on the X1s. Looks like they still come with the X5s. I did get one with a new X1 just after the new reflector design was offered. I got 3 since then, and all of them are down to lanyards :(

Last edited:

Apollo

Newly Enlightened
Well, I guess I'll have to buy a generic sheath for them. I really like the new X1 over the original. The new reflector makes it a much more useful little light.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Stopped by Fry's Electronics this afternoon and noticed that the most of the Inovas (don't know the models) doesn't come with sheaths but rather a lanyard. That's all.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of the the INOVA X series lights include a sheath anymore - they now all include a lanyard instead. The T series lights never included a sheath.

I have the sheaths in stock for the X1 X5 XO and XO3 though we haven't yet listed them seperately from the associated flashlight.

Shoot me an email through the website - linked in my sig - and I'll give you the price for each sheath - they're cheap - like $1.50-3 each.