Brightest Cyan LED for adjustable strobe light?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello All,
I have a 5D Mag with a Cyan LuxeonV LED (2002 vintage) it uses an Elektrolumens 30mm colimator and it is very blinding to dark adapted eyes :D I was thinking about building a weapon-type light that strobes Cyan LED(s) to annoy to whomever it is pointed.
From what I understand, strobing in the 10 to 15Hz range is very annoying to humans and I want to play around with a light to check this out. Does Lumileds make Cyan LuxeonV LEDs anymore? If so, approx. how many lumens do they put out these days? If I could get 200 lumens from a LuxV Cyan, life would be good. If not, I guess 140 lumen Cyan K2's?
Not sure how I would wire up three FluPIC drivers to three Cyan LEDs but it would be interesting.
Any ideas?

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Lux V Cyan star (although is really is green) with a W5SC bin--that puts out between 148 to 192 lumens. And, as you noted, the eye is very sensitive to green, so these appear much bright than you would expect. See the B/S/T for some that I have for sale. Yup, shameless plug. :D

Oh, and if you are going to strobe it, and probably not actually use it for too long, you could overdrive it to be sure you get those 200 lumens.