lights i sketch out during boring lesson today!

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
here are 2 lights i sketch out during the boring "self study for 1.5hours" lesson today.

basically, the black dots are orings and the messy lines ar the threads. the one on the left is for 1 aaa and the right is for 3xcr123 batts.

the right one is what i think a super strong light should be with THICK walls. and super reliable twisty switch.

if you don't understand what, post and i will reply.

Taylorf

Enlightened
Thats really cool. Even with lined paper and a ruler i still couldnt draw a flashlight, im a really bad artist.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
eh... dang! can any mods help a poor little kid get things done right by helping me choose where to place this thing at?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
chesterqw, how you plan on selling these will determine where this thread should go. Are you a commercial manufacturer, dealer, or private/home manufacturer?

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am the one building the lights in the air... aka dreaming. so where do you think it will go?

edit: maybe 5 years from now, i will be making them privately :)

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
chesterqw said:
i am the one building the lights in the air... aka dreaming. so where do you think it will go?

edit: maybe 5 years from now, i will be making them privately :)

We'll be waiting to see them when they come out then. :popcorn: :)

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlight said.
Nice but this is the Custom & Modded Buy/Sell/Trade forum. :huh2:

mabe he wants to sell the rights to his design.

regards.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
if anyone wants to buy my design i will be more then willing to sell it :p

but any cpfers can take the design for free but send me one of those if you ever produce them :p

i wanted that kind of thick wall as, thick is good, i think at that kind of thickness, cars,trucks and tanks can go over it without things happening to the light.

also wanted it to have very good water resistants or maybe waterproof to a few 100 feets :p as you can see from the MAD amount of orings and the thickness of that window of the light :)

i would then want it to be reliable, as you can see the twist the tail type of switch :)

then you people are always saying"batteries rattling around in my light"so, that space is enough for 3xcr123 and a foam surround the cells :)

now, it will be, is the heatsinking enough? and yes i bet it will be enough.

Last edited:

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
TinderBox (UK) said:
flashlight said.
Nice but this is the Custom & Modded Buy/Sell/Trade forum. :huh2:

mabe he wants to sell the rights to his design.

regards.

Then he's a very enterprising & bright young man! :thumbsup:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me get home and I'll edit this post with my custom light, which I will be making next week ... :)

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
since i am online, i will explain more about the light i fore see.

lets talk abut uh... the convertor cum heatsink part!

the heatsink, will be screw down into the light from the top with treads and it can made shorter or bigger, to fit wat ever length of reflector or optic / the height of the convertor that will be used

then the head as you can see with the many orings, will be screw in again! but this time with the body being thinner and the head to fit in there to let it flush with the rest of the body. uhh, you guys know wat i mean? if not i will post an edited picture of that light. with somes lines to say wat i mean.

the picture

Last edited:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to say I enjoyed your drawing when I read the post this morning at work... I drew man last night when I could not fall asleep...

So here is my light I sketched out...
(LuxIII in McR-38, running on 3xr123 (in series, 3.6v@1050mAH)...
(custom FluPIC board BTW !!)

Left is a cross-section of the tube (with beta clicky switch in head !) and the complete light. Top right is a concept tail with "kroll"...
Light is about 45mm wide and not more then 10cm tall...

IMG_6112b_resize.jpg

Not sure if you want this in your thread, but I can always edit it out... Just PM me..

Last edited:

jashhash

Enlightened
My advice for those wanting to get into CAD software. Learn Solid Works rather than AutoCad cuz its a lot more user friendly and you can create drawings more efficiently.

Latest posts