AWR Nano Poll

Choose the option that best expresses your feelings

• I am happy waiting as long as necessary to get my nano.

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I don't mind waiting for a little longer, but I am very frustrated

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I expected some delays but this is ridiculous

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I am seriously considering cancelling or selling my nano reservation

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters

StevieRay

Enlightened
I as well as many others have been waiting for over a year to get their nano. The anxiety and frustration continues as we wait for repsonses from Andrew. So far, I have a hard time giving credibility to anything that he says.
I am hoping that this poll will express the sentiment (not that he doesn't already know) of the ones of us that have been waiting for an eternity.

Last edited:

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
A - Shouldn't this be in the general modder's forum, not the BST forum?
B - Personally, if these lights came along RIGHT NOW, I wouldn't be able to afford them. Since I've already paid for them, I'm willing to let it ride, but I may end up selling at least one of the two I'm gonna be getting, just because I need the cash..

Roger11

Newly Enlightened
Why not add check boxes for those who have received theirs feel that is was worth the wait. I did and do feel it was worth the long wait. However, I feel Andrew's talent lies in design. I think it would be better all around if he could sub out the manufacturing or have them put together in some offsure location.

Argetni

Newly Enlightened
After this whole "experience" I will never pay one penny for a pre order again.
I think people are being really nice about the whole thing too. Dspeck was shunned after the FF fiasco and that was nowhere near the ordeal the Nano has become.

I just want my light. I have exchanged several emails with Andrew and he always responds quickly.

I really do not like how he keeps taking on other projects when he cannot even finish his first one though.

I am sure in the end the light will be worth it, however I will never buy another AWR product again...even if he makes a AAA sized light that puts out 100 lumens and runs for 4 hours :D :D :D Ok I will prepay for that :D

randyo

Enlightened
Part of being a Flashaholic is the impulsiveness, and the "gotta must have" now syndrome. I find it extremely hard to wait. When I pay for something, I expect the vendor to Transport it to me instantaneously. Warp 7 is not fast enough. I'm getting antsy waiting for my SMJLed products to arrive (been 2 weeks). I know Kevin will deliver, but I JUST HATE WAITING 2 WEEKS + for a product that I've sent Paypal $$ for. Obviously most of the members who provide products and have online "businesses" do it as a part time thing, AND provide something that is usually unobtainable elsewhere, but even knowing this, IT'S STILL HARD TO WAIT.

Excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse. It's become a comedy. I tune in more to check out Andrew's excuse-of-the-day than to guess an actual delivery date. So many empty promises, excuses, and overestimates that I don't believe a thing he says any more. I honestly don't expect my lights to ever arrive.

Tritium

Enlightened
jbfla said:
I was thinking that maybe my children will receive it....after I'm long gone. :sigh:

jb

Look for mine at an estate auction as I have no heirs.:candle:

Thurmond

ddaadd

Enlightened
I was fortunate to recieve my Nano in group 4, apx 3 months ago, 13 months after payment. It makes me heartsick to think of all the folks still waiting for thiers. It is a marvelous little light, one of my EDC's, however the ordeal of waiting is so ingrained in peoples mind, that full enjoyment of the Nano may be impossible for some, even after using it for a while. That, to me, is the real tragedy here.....

Also, I can truly identify with those who wait, I am on the other side of the fence on another long awaited project. I read posts of folks who been using their USL's for months now, and I may get mine by Memorial Day, maybe not.
I bought anothers spot, so I havn't waited the whole 14 months, it just feels like it. And, I don't dare display my "in your face USL bumper sticker" without the actual USL in my hand to back it up!

Useless rhetorical statement applies here......" I feel your pain"

Last edited:

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
arewethereyetdad said:
Excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse. It's become a comedy. I tune in more to check out Andrew's excuse-of-the-day than to guess an actual delivery date. So many empty promises, excuses, and overestimates that I don't believe a thing he says any more. I honestly don't expect my lights to ever arrive.

Why don't you ask for a refund?

sooner or later you will be able to buy one on BST...

Pablo

PEU said:
Why don't you ask for a refund?

sooner or later you will be able to buy one on BST...

Pablo

Because, Pablo, even the refund process is jacked up. Last time I inquired about that, there was some sort of "you-can-have-your-refund-only-if-someone-steps-in-to-take-your-place-in-line" story. Which basically means my money was spent long ago. Besides, after waiting THIS long it's worth the entertainment value just seeing what the next day's excuse will be.

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
arewethereyetdad said:
Because, Pablo, even the refund process is jacked up. Last time I inquired about that, there was some sort of "you-can-have-your-refund-only-if-someone-steps-in-to-take-your-place-in-line" story. Which basically means my money was spent long ago. Besides, after waiting THIS long it's worth the entertainment value just seeing what the next day's excuse will be.

I've no part in this mess, but I'm curious... :)

So if you ask for a refund, you won't be given one?
If the burden of obtaining the money for the refund is on you, then is not a refund IMHO.

I read the sale thread from time to time as I guess you do too, but it stopped to be fun when he played the "I have this illness" card, at that moment my opinion was to be sorry about my previous fun moments.

But then, slowly the self inflicted guilt changed to another feeling, and I started wondering why he held payments for more than a year whe he knew beforehand that his illness would make things impossible to deliver in time?

Being ill does not relieve you of your obligations, ask a bank if you don't trust my words...

Pablo

mykall

Enlightened
arewethereyetdad said:

I'm not involved with this debacle, but depending on the form of payment
you used and given the situation at hand, the decision will *not* be his if you use the right procedure ;)......capiche?

MB

mykall said:
I'm not involved with this debacle, but depending on the form of payment
you used and given the situation at hand, the decision will *not* be his if you use the right procedure ;)......capiche?

MB

Capiche. But arewethereyetdad is thinking we aren't there yet. I'll ride it out like the rest of us suckers and watch while Andrew continues posting about all the other wonderful products he's working on.

mykall

Enlightened
arewethereyetdad said:
Capiche. But arewethereyetdad is thinking we aren't there yet. I'll ride it out like the rest of us suckers and watch while Andrew continues posting about all the other wonderful products he's working on.

Your decision. I just wanted to make you aware that if you used any payment method other than cash or a Money Order, ie VS/MC/Amex and especially PayPal, then your problems are over. And it matters not whether or not he's spent the money he received. You'll get your refund quickly and he'll have to deal with whatever he has to.

I'm not trying to get involved here, and I'm not taking sides. I read almost the entire thread after seeing that poll and I've seen a lot of complaining. You do have options.

MB

skr

Newly Enlightened
There are usually time limits on that sort of thing, aren't there? In any case, the money isn't the issue here -- at least not for me. My biggest complaint has been that every bit of time seems to have been devoted to other non-Nano projects, while the Nanos -- especially the infamous 'batch six' -- sit collecting dust for months.

I'm going to wait a bit longer to see what happens, since it appears that there is finally a little progress on 'batch six'. I'm not certain that I can believe the projected mid-May date for completion of all remaining Nanos, but I'll wait at least until then before doing anything.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they're not done by then (And I'm pretty sure I'm like the 3rd to last to sign up) I'm gonna have to have them forwarded to me - I'm moving!!

mykall

Enlightened
skr said:
In any case, the money isn't the issue here -- at least not for me. My biggest complaint has been that every bit of time seems to have been devoted to other non-Nano projects, while the Nanos -- especially the infamous 'batch six' -- sit collecting dust for months.

Right. So the term we're looking for here is ....:thinking:...that's it....MOTIVATION!
And how do you think that might change things? Re-read what I wrote above and think of how some simple polite and respectful communication might resolve this situation armed with some leverage. Do I have to spell this out?

Again, I'm not involved in this and this is my last post in this thread.

MB

Tritium

Enlightened
mykall said:
Your decision. I just wanted to make you aware that if you used any payment method other than cash or a Money Order, ie VS/MC/Amex and especially PayPal, then your problems are over. And it matters not whether or not he's spent the money he received. You'll get your refund quickly and he'll have to deal with whatever he has to.

I'm not trying to get involved here, and I'm not taking sides. I read almost the entire thread after seeing that poll and I've seen a lot of complaining. You do have options.

MB

If you are over 30 days past the purchase date with PayPal they will do NOTHING. 30 days is the absolute limit with them.

Thurmond