Just had to buy another Surefire C3

chuck4570

Enlightened
I have had a Surefire C3 for a little while now and I just love it. This is the light I reach for when I need alot of light, and when using the P91 LA you get alot of light. I was given a KL3 head and I didn't know what to put it on, so I tried it on the C3, and was amazed with it. This a great combo for general around the house use, and also a great light for around camp, and with 6+ hours of run time, it can't be beat. I didn't want to break up this combo, but I also like the P91 incan lamp, and instead of switching back and forth between the two, I just ordered another C3.

Chuck

Timson

Enlightened
C3 & P91 is one serious flashlight :naughty: I love mine too.

Love my M3 as well, but the C3/P91 combo is almost as bright and more practical...not quite as cool - but it's what I reach for first in most situations.

Get some 17500 Li-Ions for it - You won't have to worry about chomping through CR123's every 20 minutes.

Tim.

tankahn

Newly Enlightened
With 7 hours runtime for KL3 LED, it starts to get boring on me. I'll go for hotwires all the way by accessorizing the new C3.
1. Get an M2 shock isolated bezel or
2. KT3 turbohead for throw.
3. A19 or detonator. C3 + KT3 + A19 + M61 + 4x123s = Poor man M4 for a searing 350 lumen light.
4. 2X17500 li-ions + C3 + P91 for guilt free 200 lumens.
5. 2X17670 li-ions + C3 + P91 for longer run time.
6. 2X li-ions + C3 + MN16 + KT3 turbohead for 225 lumens throw light.

chuck4570

Enlightened
tankahn thanx for the great ideas, I like to have at least two lights with me for different purposes thats why the C3 with the KL# works for me. But that being said you really peaked my intrest in your version of the poor mans M4, I already have the KT3 Turbo head now all that I need is the A19 and the M61.

Thanx for the great idea
Chuck

Timson

Enlightened
Doesn't the C3 need the KT2 turbohead rather than the KT3.

Just want to get this straight in my head cos a turbohead is on my list of things to get.
Don't want to order from the US only to find I've got the wrong thing.

Tim.

rikvee

Enlightened
Correct Tim, Surefire made their model numbers somewhat less intuitive, the KT3 is for the 9AN Commander rechargeable light, and has a different collar.
The KT1 comes with a 6V globe, and the KT2 has a 9V globe, other than that those two are the same.

Timson

Enlightened
rikvee said:
Correct Tim, Surefire made their model numbers somewhat less intuitive, the KT3 is for the 9AN Commander rechargeable light, and has a different collar.
The KT1 comes with a 6V globe, and the KT2 has a 9V globe, other than that those two are the same.

:thumbsup: Cheers mate

Won't be buying myself one of these soon as I've just taken on the mortgage from hell...But I know what I'll be asking for - for my birthday.

Tim.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
tankahn said:
4. 2X17500 li-ions + C3 + P91 for guilt free 200 lumens.
5. 2X17670 li-ions + C3 + P91 for longer run time.
Check this thread for a great discussion on rechargables in a C3:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/105960

Also, I think you'll need to add the A19 to your #5 setup.
#4 Setup might not work, or be as reliable as you'd hope, using a P91.

And a page every incan owner should have bookmarked, the Wiki Rechargable Battery Compatability Chart:
http://www.wiki.tjtech.org/index.php/The_Rechargeable_Battery_Compatibility_Chart
That's goooood readin'.

tankahn

Newly Enlightened
#5. You are right, I missed the A19. Its my avorite setup With a M2 bezel and a beam shaper its looks like a potato masher grenade!
#4. It works if you use unprotected li-ions (careful handling applies).

Omega Man said:
Also, I think you'll need to add the A19 to your #5 setup.
#4 Setup might not work, or be as reliable as you'd hope, using a P91.