intel 805 dual core worth a dang?

carrot

Flashaholic
No. Intel Dual Core processors have very poor performance compared to similar AMD 64 X2 processors. But if you're dying to have a dual core machine and the price is right, sure, why not.

Navck

Enlightened
carrot said:
No. Intel Dual Core processors have very poor performance compared to similar AMD 64 X2 processors. But if you're dying to have a dual core machine and the price is right, sure, why not.

Actually they're quite decent and they're still better than the single core processors. (Assuming you're using something like Photoshop/Anymultithreadedprogram and it recognizes the second core)

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Navck said:
Actually they're quite decent and they're still better than the single core processors. (Assuming you're using something like Photoshop/Anymultithreadedprogram and it recognizes the second core)
Hello? Didn't you read what I said? First, I said they have poor performance in comparison with AMD X2... never compared them with single core... and then I said if you really want dual core and the price isn't bad, then it's fine.

Navck

Enlightened
Not exactly, this goes up against the lowest end of the X2 processors, for this price, its a steal. Remember, AMD X2s aren't cheap. Price to preformance wise, these are a good deal.

carrot

Flashaholic
For the price. Only Intel I'd buy is the Pentium M / Centrino chipsets. Since I upgrade my machine only when I feel I'm lagging way behind the times, I prefer higher performance whenever possible. If I'm going to blow $150 on a motherboard and CPU, why not another hundred or so, to prevent myself from having to upgrade sooner?

Navck

Enlightened
Carrot, you don't just pay 150 in US dollars for a socket 478 motherboard, conversion kit, AND a Pentium M of lower end speed. Thats a incrediblly low under estimate.

carrot

Flashaholic
This argument is getting nowhere fast. You misunderstand me, I misunderstand you. Let's drop it.

Raggie33, just how many computers have you got now anyway? You certainly seem to be putting a fair bit of money into your computer(s).

raggie33

*the raggedier*
carrot said:
This argument is getting nowhere fast. You misunderstand me, I misunderstand you. Let's drop it.

Raggie33, just how many computers have you got now anyway? You certainly seem to be putting a fair bit of money into your computer(s).
lol nah i just dream i aint going to by anything.havent bought pc stuff in a while my main pc is a sempron 2800 very old tech and slow

rscanady

Enlightened
Perhaps you should check out the recent specs on "Conroe" which royally whooped the pants off of AMD's latest and greatest even overclocked. Bested it by 30%!

Ryan