DRB-9VHP ON SALE!!!

hburner

Enlightened
I just talked to Dan at BlackRifles.com and he has just put the 9Vs on sale!!!

http://www.blackrifles.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=64_86_109

He said that he was going to put some of the Turbo heads on sale also! I am going to order me a couple of these 9v now! I think he said that he had 30 of them. I bought one of these the other day and I must say that I am impressed by the amount of throw these things have compared to my P90 and P91. They have medium spill and the beam is beautifully sharp. It kinda remindes me of the Ultrstinger beam but a bit whiter and brighter, IMHO it is a good alternative to the 90 and 91, almost like my C3 or 9P is a totally different light!!! But that is just me and my opinion!!!

Does anyone know if these Turbo heads will fit a C3 or 9P? Thanks, hburner.

hburner

Enlightened
I hope this thread is in the right place? If not, Sorry Dan!!!!! I just read the thread about the postings!

Last edited:

Delvance

Enlightened
Thanks for the headsup. I'm trying to order one through emails (international customers can't order through the webstore). Looking forward to comparing it with my G90 HP (and see whether mine really is a HP lol...pretty sure it is).

hburner

Enlightened
Hey Delvance, Call him on his cell if you can't get him through email @

Dan 908-764-9877. He will take orders over the phone like that. hburner.

Delvance

Enlightened
Cheers Hburner! Dan is super responsive with his emails though wow! Just as quick as lighthound - now that is service! Got a true G90 HP coming my way, so looking forward to testing whether my lighthound G90 is really HP or not (i know the common opinion is that it isn't, but the band on the reflector says high pressure =/, and it seems pretty bright).

hburner

Enlightened
Omega Man ,I got 1.15Amp off of 2 17500s from the 9vDRBHP Digilight and 1.2Amp off of 2 17500s with the P90. So you should get about an hour of runtime @ 175 or so lumens with the 9VDRBHP and lots more throw.

mdocod

Flashaholic
someone should call him and ask if the ones on sale are "old stock" type DRB lamps, or if they are the new high efficiancy models..

so far as we can tell, there are 2 variations of DRB-9VHP, and 2 variations of G&P G90s.

1. DRB-9VHP = high pressure G90- draws ~1.2A
2. DRB-9VHP = super efficiant digilight variation of HP G90- draws ~0.8A

1. G90 = high pressure G90- draws ~1.2A
2. G90 = regular pressure G90- unkonwn current requirements.

latally, it would seem that most digilight dealers, have a mixed stock of G90s labelled DRB-9VHP, and the high efficiancy DRB-9VHPs, so getting the truely efficiant version is tricky, calling digilightusa and requesting it spacifically would probably help the odds of getting a good one... But I have a hunch, that this sale, is to clear out the old stock of blackrifles DRB-9VHP, (ie: HPG90s), so they can get the new stock in from digilight.

I should clarify, that the G&P HP G90 lamps are still great lamps, but probably closer to ~140 lumens from some tests done by others around here...

on a side note: I made the same mistake of posting something in the general forums (beam shots of my thor in the snow) the day after the sticky about posting in general was put up (I hadn't noticed it yet) and the admin that made the sticky, quickly closed my thread. If the admins want to be fair and equal, they should close this thread as well, but I would much rather see this discussion moved to incandecent than closed.

hburner

Enlightened
mdocod,

In reference to getting the true low draw lamp may just very very tricky. The 9v lamp that I just got straight from Reggie at Digilight drew 1.15 amp from 2 17500s. The lamp from Blackrifles.com drew the exact same amperage from the same batteries. I called and asked Reggie about the "HP" version of this lamp since the one he sent me does not say "HP" on it I thought there may be 2 different kinds in his stock as well. His reply was that none of his stock had the "HP" on them.

This is the 3rd 9vDRB that I have had and all of them have had the same amperage draw from 17500s. Do you know where these low draw lamps were purchased from? Do you know if anybody has compared the output (side by side) of one of the low draw lamps to one of the "higher draw" lamps to see if there is obvious difference in output?

Thanks, hburner

mdocod

Flashaholic
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/106926
post 12 shows some actual testing done

then post 16 is the inquiry I sent to digilight by email...

then post 24 with Jeffrey@digilights responce to my inquiry, he tells us that they infact have been modifying their lamps to be more efficiant.

then in this thread https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/110284
there is talk towards the bottom about folks recieving the wrong lamp, and that digilight has been out of stock on the high efficiancy lamp for awhile..