Surefire SC1 Spares Carrier....

exoduster18

Newly Enlightened
Anybody have one? Do you like it? And does it cover the entire bulb? From looking at Surefire's website it seems that it is left "open" through the middle where the bulb sits and only the batteries are covered. If that is the case, then how does the bulb stay in place?

Thanks!!

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
its completely covered and fully waterproof...edit they are ok iv got 6 of them sc1,2,3 i dont use them much anymore i like the pelican cases
edit x2 the sc series is good for incandescents , i still keep 2 of them loaded for my m3 and m3t as that gives me batts and bulbs in a nice little case

Last edited:

txaggiechl

Newly Enlightened
I ordered two SC1's to keep with the 6P in the truck & the G2 in the kitchen. Also keep an extra P60 in each as well.

Picked up one of those flat 12-CR123 carriers from AmondoTech with my last order of batteries and it works well. I've got LED's in both the gun lights (L4 & L5), so a spare bulb isn't needed. Each battery is kept on its side and the compartments are rubber. Fits great in my nylon rifle case due to it's flatness.

CR123ACase_1_lg.gif

Protaeus

Enlightened
At the moment Im just using the surefire gift case to store 2 spare batteries for my A2 or E2L. Probably going to have to invest in a spares carrier or something to hold more batteries for my M4 :)

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
I have a SC1 carrier. I keep it in the car as a reload for my EDC L4. It is an incredibally well made carrier. It is tough as nails, water proof, and very small.

You would NOT be dissappointed if you bought one....

BUT.... If you want to carry a LOT of batteries... OR.... if you have a monster like a Surefire M6 or an M4... you might want to get one of these. I have 2 of these... and i think they are THE BEST battery carrier, hands down. They are completely waterproof, & they are incredibally strong.

Pelican 1020 Micro case. I bought it from botach.com... and it came PRE-CUT for the batteries. That was a BIG selling point for me... because I did NOT want to cut the foam myself, and I could not find a pre cut foam case anywhere else.

AwesomeCase.jpg

gimmejr

Newly Enlightened
TENMMIKE said:
its completely covered and fully waterproof...edit they are ok iv got 6 of them sc1,2,3 i dont use them much anymore i like the pelican cases
edit x2 the sc series is good for incandescents , i still keep 2 of them loaded for my m3 and m3t as that gives me batts and bulbs in a nice little case

I was just coming in to ask a question about the carriers and glad I saw this thread. Since you brought up incandescents, what SC carrier would I use for a KL1 head spare? I dont see a cross reference on which bulb to use or is this a dumb question?

carrot

Flashaholic
The KL1 is a LED light, so it requires no spares. I'd buy an SC3 for any KL1-based light (E1L, E2L, L1) simply because it's smaller.

faco

Enlightened
carrot said:
The KL1 is a LED light, so it requires no spares. I'd buy an SC3 for any KL1-based light (E1L, E2L, L1) simply because it's smaller.

This is the reason why I just bought the SC3, I also use a fly fishing box made by Danica for my 123 batts

gimmejr

Newly Enlightened
carrot said:

So if it stops working sent it back to surefire?

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
I have a couple spares carriers, I think one of each. But I was concerned about using the SC2, which is recommended, for a bulb for my A2. The E2e bulb fits tight, but the A2 bulb seems very loose, Im a little concerned it is likely to break. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

txaggiechl

Newly Enlightened
StainlessSteel said:
I have a SC1 carrier. I keep it in the car as a reload for my EDC L4. It is an incredibally well made carrier. It is tough as nails, water proof, and very small.

BUT.... If you want to carry a LOT of batteries... OR.... if you have a monster like a Surefire M6 or an M4... you might want to get one of these. I have 2 of these... and i think they are THE BEST battery carrier, hands down. They are completely waterproof, & they are incredibally strong.

Pelican 1020 Micro case. I bought it from botach.com... and it came PRE-CUT for the batteries. That was a BIG selling point for me... because I did NOT want to cut the foam myself, and I could not find a pre cut foam case anywhere else.

Man, that's a lot of batteries! Thanks for the info, most of the pelican battery cases I've seen hold ~9-12 and don't have individual foam slots for each battery. I just invested in some 17670's for my two LED lights (L4 & L5). Trying to figure out how or what type of case to hold at least 4x 17670 (same size as the Pila 168s).

Just thinking out loud here, but I think I can cut the rubber divider in that case I posted a pic of above and that should make it long enough to hold 6x 17670's. :grin2:

InfidelCastro

Banned
StainlessSteel said:

AwesomeCase.jpg

I would like something like that, I'm looking at them at Botach right now. I would like some venting holes though, in case one of the batteries goes nuclear. I've been planning on using a small Sentry fireproof document safe and drilling a couple holes in the top. Of course, this is kind of heavy and not very portable.

txaggiechl

Newly Enlightened
I would think an air-tight pelican case would greatly slow down a run-away battery as it's the oxygen that causes the violent reaction (if the case was able to contain the battery before it melted thru it haha). Besides, don't these CR123's just go nuclear when subjected to 180c + or some sort of sharp blow that pierces the cell? I saw a video where someone shot a large li-on pack with a rifle and the cells burned off in a chain reaction.

Are there any known cases of these batteries randomly going nuclear by themselves (without any "help" from anything else)?

InfidelCastro

Banned
I just noticed, it doesn't look like those batteries have any venting holes. I didn't know they even made any ones that didn't have venting holes anymore????

pathalogical

Enlightened
I know this is old thread, just picked up an SC1 the other day and is now fully stocked. Just wondering what ya'll have done with the lanyard ? How do you use it ? Just with the clip through the plastic hole ? Any creative ideas/pics ? It seems rather long given the small size of the carrier. Also, tightening it with my P60 in there presses down on the lamp spring and when you unscrew it, the top almost pops off !

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a G2Z for work in a V70 holster, in terms of a SC; I was going to get the SC1 with P61 and 6 X CR123's, but stopped for a second, thought about it and did the following; buy a G2 in yellow and a P61 bulb. 2 X CR123 = $3.50, SC1 = $17, P60 = $16 (or about), add that up you get a total of $36.50. A new G2 is only $36.

Cribbage

Newly Enlightened
TENMMIKE said:
i still keep 2 of them loaded for my m3 and m3t as that gives me batts and bulbs in a nice little case

I looked at my SC3 for the Turbo bulbs, and it seems the bulb is too long and the tip touches bottom on the carrier.

I would be concerned with the tip breaking off. Have you had any problems with this?

Also, Lighthound has a nice Pelican 1010 with pre-cut foam for 15 CR123s. I have one and love it. I have another 1010 on order to use for spare bulbs when traveling (I can carry one or two of each that way).

pathalogical

Enlightened
JasonC8301 said:
I have a G2Z for work in a V70 holster, in terms of a SC; I was going to get the SC1 with P61 and 6 X CR123's, but stopped for a second, thought about it and did the following; buy a G2 in yellow and a P61 bulb. 2 X CR123 = $3.50, SC1 = $17, P60 = $16 (or about), add that up you get a total of $36.50. A new G2 is only $36.
I have 2 G2s and a P61. I've been eyeing the yellow one for keeping in the car. I've had some 123s kicking around (and ready to use), but they were just in a drawer, so the carrier was an eventual purchase, cuz, with some flashlights, accessories usually follow. As I continue to use my 123s in an incand, I will eventually get an LED to "finish off" the batts. Hmmm...P1...P1D CE...L1...L2...

jake6

Newly Enlightened
Like the other posters, I found the SC1 to be a pretty useful accessory for my 6P. The lanyard, however, is too long and fairly useless, I think.

Latest posts