Inova claims that the T3/X03 is 85/82 lumens. Is this true?

dmz

Enlightened
Inova claims that the T3/X03 is 85/82 lumens. Is this true? I have read that it is not that much brighter than the X0 which is 32 lumens or T1 which is 35 lumens.

Is T3/X03 has a bigger head than the X0, does the bigger head add more brightness or throw?
Is the T3/X03 significantly brighter than the X0 & T1?

Delvance

Enlightened
Dmz,

It is not true. The output is probably ~50% more than an X0, though it does throw alot further. So i guess you can say it is significantly brighter than an X0 (50% would constitute alot in my books) and yes, it throws alot further than the X0. My X0 gives me about 800 lux usually while my T3 is around 1900 lux. It's actually a very nice light. The quality and materials used is excellent for the price and Inova's warranty is pretty good according to a few members. Just that Inova torches usually don't get brought up often because they aren't the clear winners in any field eg. size, throw, output etc, but they are a very well rounded package.

bodyguardlight

Newly Enlightened
I have noticed there is some changes in what Inova says the lumen brightnes is. For example i have a t5 that claims to be 100 lumens and a t4 that is 100 also. Get this the t4's led appears to be less powerfull than the t5' and when you look at it when it is dimming it appears to be a turquoise colored led. And the t5 has a better shade of white but it uses batteries, strange lumen difference huh?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
When the add for the t4 came out-100lumen light, 2+ hours runtime ect I was stoked. I had spent (litterally) hundreds of dollars on bulbs and batts for my surefire m3. I ordered one and promised someone they could buy my m3 before the inova arrived.

Output was half(maybe) of the M3's 125lumen bulb. I was ticked. I kept my promise and sold my surefire, and now have I light I rarely use. That is how I found this forum. Manufactures lie to boost their products #s. The sad thing is that I would have still bought the t4 if Inova would have advertised it as a solid-led lithium rechargable with 50+ lumens of output for two hours. If they did this I would have a light I might enjoy more...and still have my surefire. Don't be duped like I was. Do the research and then you will get what you expect.

carrot

Flashaholic
Inova inflates their claims by quite a bit, but don't be put off by that... they're still very nice lights.

whorton5

Newly Enlightened
carrot said:
Inova inflates their claims by quite a bit, but don't be put off by that... they're still very nice lights.

Agreed - my XO3 cost less than 1/2 of what my L4 cost. But it isn't a slouch next to the L4. I kind of look at it as a Volvo of lights....blocky, ugly, but a nice light with a lifetime warranty and built like a tank.

It is my most often used "around the house light" and "take out the garbage light" because it doesn't blind me in the house like my L4 laser beam does. For around $50, I think she's a keeper.

dmz

Enlightened
I can't believe that Inova is engaged in such false advertising.

Why is the T3 rated slightly higher than a X03?

Delvance

Enlightened
No idea, but on FLR...iirc the x03 gave more total output than than T3. Don't stress too much over the advertising, ALOT of manufacturers do it, and not just in the torch/lighting market either. Alot but not all...SF and HDS comes to mind when thinking of correct lumens output.

iocheretyanny

Enlightened
Based on Flashlightreviews.com :
X03 overall output is rated at 2850
L2 is rated at 8900, and we know L2 to be about 100 lumens.

Based on 8900/2850 Ratio, if L2 is rated at 100 lumens then X03 is about ~31 lumens.

Navck

Enlightened
Luxeon Lottery, no one is immune to it. Unless they own a intergrating sphere and TEST EACH light. And that'd just be time consuming. Fenix is also known to inflate their ratings, as well as M*g, a lot of manufactures do.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
the L2 being flood and the T3 being spot the way their light beam reflects around in his integrating box will be very different and will result in different readings

using my own integraing milkjug (more curvature makes for better beam bounce) I get about 40 lumens out of my X03

floody beams will result in higher readings than spot beams