Daylight Savings Time

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I adjusted my clocks last Sunday morning I said goodbye to "Flashlight Season." Now it is light out when I leave for work and light out when I come home. My evening walks with my wife are now done so in the fading light of day, not the light of an LED.

The "Light Season" even effects my EDCs and vehicle lights. Soon the big jacket will go into storage. No more big pocket lights. I will now have to holster a light to my belt. So I shall dust off my ARC LSH-S, since it is the only light that I can wear holstered inconspicuously. I have to wear business attire at work.

Spring and summer in Sacramento raises the cab temperature in my trick to 140º F. So I shall remove my glovebox lights and spares soon. I do not want the heat to drain my overpriced (new pricing) Surefire CR123s. Only my 3D Mag will remain as the lone sentinel against the dark.

At least my backpack lights will remain constant. Currently a E2 (a arewethereyetdad special) and L2.

On the other hand, camping season will begin soon! If it ever stops raining...

C4LED

Enlightened
"Flashlight season" is just about to start for a lot of people who will be dealing with hurricanes!

:candle:

Max Brightness

Enlightened
Kelmo,

I like that; the concept of "Flashlight season" that is. Its the first time I've heard it and I plan to use it again.

I agree, although my HDS U60 is still my EDC I tend to carry a few less with me without my winter coat pockets.:grin2:

WNG

Enlightened
Flashlight season may be returning in summer for CA if rolling blackouts to curb electrical loads become the norm again.
:)
Maybe another northeast power grid fiasco could occur. Missed out last time.
:(

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Norm? That was 6 years ago during the Enron scam. And it didn't last very long, most businesses probably were subjected once or less. Some high priority businesses (e.g. hospitals) were exempted.

WNG said:
Flashlight season may be returning in summer for CA if rolling blackouts to curb electrical loads become the norm again.
:)

RoyJ

Enlightened
kelmo said:
As I adjusted my clocks last Sunday morning I said goodbye to "Flashlight Season." Now it is light out when I leave for work and light out when I come home.

Think it's bad down there, I'm half way up BC (51 degrees latitude) and we're already getting like 15 hours of sunlight! :thumbsdow

tron3

Banned
Max Brightness said:
Kelmo,

I like that; the concept of "Flashlight season" that is. Its the first time I've heard it and I plan to use it again.

Hey, that's what we need, new seasonal terminology. :rolleyes: Now if I could only figure out which "SDC" goes best during flashlight season. :grin2:

:caution:

BlackDecker

Enlightened
We are in the middle of 'tornado flashlight season' here in Okla. Twisters take down powerlines quite often where I live, so my bank of flashlights should get a lot of use from now until mid-June.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
We went through Wilma here in South Florida last year - we had a coleman flourescent battery lantern and a maglite with an LED - both were great to have due to the extended battery time, batteries became very scarce, and there was no means to recharge batteries..

like they said - be ready - it helps -