River Rock Keychain LEDs further reduced UPDATE!!!!

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
Howdy,

I stopped by my local Target this morning, and found the "peanut-shaped" keychain LED lights further reduced to $1.48. Sorry, there aren't anymore. I bought all that remained......only half a dozen. I went to three other area Targets, but only one had any, and their clearance price was still $2.98. Even with my receipt from the first store, they wouldn't sell them for less.

These little lights are remarkeable! I've been looking for a pocket sized light to EDC, as well as stock my tool boxes, autos, tackle boxes, camping and hunting supplies, and emergency preparedness items; but the Arc-AAA, Fenix L1P, Gerber Infinity Ultra, and Nuwai 1xAAA are rather expensive.

I was also considering the Arc-AAA clone group buy, but these may have filled the bill. They're bright, white, long run time, and solid.

Keep your eyes open at your local Target for the last reduction.

The store I was in yesterday, reduced the price today. I left half a dozen or so hanging on the gondola wall for you guys. $1.48 each at the Target on Moreno and Central Avenue in the city of Montclair, CA. Right across from Montclair Plaza. Get em while you can!

Also, they had two of the Energizer Folding Flourescent lights and two of the tiny folding LED lights left!

Last edited:

Dawg

Enlightened
Re: River Rock Keychain LEDs further reduced

This thread is useless without pics..........Can you post one? I have never seen one LOL!:)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

I managed to find one of the last little black ones for $2.98 a couple weeks ago. They still had a bunch of the peanut shaped variety. Another Target nearby still wants over $4 for them. Seems to be a solid light and quite bright. Don't really like button cells, but I couldn't resist. The black one has a switch like a Minimag.

Geoff

stjohnh

Newly Enlightened

Look at posts #3 and 4:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/98930&highlight=peanut

The smooth one is one of the most esthetically pleasing and feeling lights I've seen. Body color is not easily shown in photos, the slightly pink one is beautiful. Very solidly built. Brighter than The Dorcy AAA or Arc AAA clone lights. Only downside is that it is a little heavy for its size (made out of a solid chunk of aluminum), and the smooth surface makes it hard to turn on with one hand. But it is SO PRETTY.

Holland

RebelXTNC

Enlightened

I agree, I bought several when they first went on clearance. They even have O-ring seals on the head and tailcap. A tiny amount of lube on the head O-ring and turning them on with one hand becomes easier. These lights are so smooth that they actually feel grippy when you really squeeze them, it's hard to describe. They are very well made and brighter than any of my other 5mm small lights. These include a new X1, Matterhorn (in high not ultra), CMG and Gerber Infinity Ultras, and Dorcy 1xAAA.
It's also very easy to take off the keychain attachment and use it with a lanyard. Just grip the swivel shackle with two pairs of pliers and bend gently. The shackle will snap and you can leave the triangle wire bale attached to the light. This makes for an even cleaner look to an already smooth light and gives lots of flexibility to attach it any way you want.
I'm going to bet though that my Target hasn't gone lower yet...

garageguy

Newly Enlightened

Just got back from Target here is what I scored:

RR peanut peanut light $1.48
RR black keychain light $1.48
Two RR 0.5 headlamps $3.74 each
Two Dorcy 3D 1W $5.48 each

All the clearance flashlights were 75% off!

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast

dont' those use the weird batteries?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Revisited a local Target and picked up the "peanut" now reduced to $1.48. Nice, bright, and quite white. They use a larger button cell than the black ones, so runtime may be better. I found this not in the flashlight aisle, but on a "Clearance" end cap. They were also getting rid of Mag leather drop-in holsters for $1.48 and Mag accessory packs (clip, lenses, wrist strap, anti-roll block) for $0.99.

Geoff

InfidelCastro

Banned

They are $2.98 here also. $1.48??? I would clean em' out for that price. Could use them for gifts and stuff.

Personally I prefer the skinny one, even though the beam is not as nice. The fat one is just a little too awkward for the keychain. And I used to have a Solitaire on my keychain, which was not bad, because it is skinny, but the peanut light is just too fat IMO.

I actually removed the glass from mine to get a better beam, scratched up the reflector a little, but the beam is much better and a little brighter. You can always totally unscrew the top for a nice floodbeam as well.

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened

2.98?!?! wow my local target is real stingy and is 5-6 bucks and almost never has a clearance sale or anything. if they do, its usually 4 bucks

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you fidget and strech it out, those leather holster will hold a Fenix. Also, with some stretching, will hold a cheap extendable baton I have. I paid $2.44 clearance for one a few months back, I'm gonna check today to see what's sitting around. For $1.48, and .99 acces packs, I'd grab them all and find a use later!

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anaheim, CA Target only had the Dorcy 3D 1W lights on lowest clearance, and now they're all gone...:crackup:

Flashlike

Enlightened

This might sound rather corny, but I applied clear "Contact" brand adhesive paper over the lens on my RR peanut-shaped flashlight and it REALLY smoothed out the beam nicely without noticably reducing the light output.
I did the same thing with the smaller RR keychain flashlight and I'm pleased with the results on it, too.
Use a small piece (about 1" diamter) of the clear Contact paper. Center it over the lens and apply it firmly. Cut slits from the outer edges of the piece to the edge of the lens, then use an Exacto knive (or suitable facsimile) to trim the excess Contact paper carefully around the outer edge of the lens.
It's not very difficult to do. It's surprising how well it works!
These are fairly bright lights for their size. I'm not too wild about the fact that they use the "button cell" batteries, but normally a person doesn't use a keychain flashlight for hours on end.
And right now the price is certainly right with the Target clearance (while they last...).

Paul6ppc

Enlightened

I got 4 of them! They are prety bright and really cool~:) Thanks for the heads up!

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up!
I hit two target stores today and scored Four River rock keychain lights for $1.48 each. Two Blue Inova X5's for $8.74 each. a minimag holster for $1.48 and a mini mag accessory kit for .98 Cents. All on closeout.

Foothill ranch, ca target store still has several RR Peanut lights.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOO HOO! They've got 4AA and 4D versions of the Energizer folding lantern at my Target! Got a 4AA. And got 3 holsters at $1.48, 1 MM kit at .99. Thanks to the OP and the other similar thread.

WNG

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up! Looks like this time the clearance hit MA.

Got myself (4) Peanut keychain lights @ $1.48. Well worth it! It's as bright as my new version X1!

The blue RR 0.5W headlamps are clearanced @ 3.74.

Besides the afore-mentioned MAG stuff, the xenon PR bulbs are 0.78 each.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Damn, I didn't even know they had a 4D version of the Energizer folding lantern. That thing must last forever. Seems like it would make a better survival light than the 4AA version.

Latest posts