A great night out.. whats yours?

Draydur

Newly Enlightened
I work radio teleco and am often on call. My work is color critical and often in the dark. For me an incan is most reliable for light. The A2 is the reason I joined the forum.

Last night (just got home) was the litmus test. An antenna change with color code tape. We found a translation that would have been missed if not for my light.

We had various LED and florescent lights, but with my A2 we could climb the tower and see the far end. I saw the tape had faded so much that only the A2's incan beam shed the light on the true color.

Also the low beam (green in this case) really helped preserve night vision during assembly of the new antenna mounts (great contrast) and my HDS EDC U60 XRGT provided good general illumination for the radio end where we were doing keyboard input and using test equipment at the radio end.

In all I found all 3 lights I carried to be very useful... Surefire A2, HDS EDC U60 XRGT and Photon Freedom with hat clip.

The antenna crew showed up with 1 2x m^g and 1 headlamp.
They were impressed with the lighting I provided.
I was Impressed with how much my arsenal was improved since subscribing to CPF.

I have learned to value the abilities of various lights and with the 3 I used last night I was in hog heaven. I truly wish you guys were with me (and you were in spirit). They laughed at me and asked me if I was going to produce another light at one point (so I did... A small florecent A/c rig from my backpack and plugged it in to help with some painting of the antenna).

All in all I felt like a sun king last night.

Thanks CPF :goodjob:

Anyone else have a story?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
We were doing a small mock building search in an old telephone company building. Most of my students were toting the horrible generic 2D plastic lights - the best of the best were using 2D M@gs. Those who came early got to use PT Aurora headlamps, and that was pretty much the best of the best as far as student lighting went. In the depths of the dark, they had enough to kinda spot but not to SEE anything. I lit the world up with my Everled at first, and then when nobody was expecting it, BAM, out comes the G2!! I didn't want to wow anybody with anything more spectacular, so I left it at that.. I was personally fairly convinced when the G2 burned right through our training smoke..