Fiddleback

Enlightened
Hello to the LED forum at CandlePower! I'm new here, 1st post, and also new to LED lights. A buddy of mine on BF recently gave a link to a Fenix L1P for $37 shipped. What a light. I can't believe that little thing. I put a new battery in it and in my 4D Maglite and the Fenix was brighter by far. Cool. Even my wife was impressed. Not so much with the price tag though. Oh well.

Then yesterday I picked up a conversion kit for my Mini Maglite by Nitize. Not nearly as bright, and the endcap switch went out after switching it on and off twice. I called the Niteize guys and they were friendly and without hassle agreed to send me out a replacement switch. More to come on that storyline I guess.

Anyway just wanted to say hello. This place came highly recommended.

Andy

flashlife

Enlightened
Welcome Fiddleback !
Two Suggestions:

1. Watch your wallet...you'll find yourself justifying...
"One can't have TOO many lights!...Can they?"

2. Buy small lights...easier to hide from the wife. :)

Fiddleback

Enlightened
I can't let this cut into my out of control khukuri habbit. That is a must. Tell me now if this is going to get bad. LOL.

zulu45

Enlightened
Definately watch your wallet. Take a look at the list in my sig. That's almost all in about a 1 week time period, after joining these forums (aside from the MagLites and the Brinkmann). LEDs are far too addictive...

flashlife

Enlightened
See a new (and of course, attractive) light, that you might "need"?

Go here 1st and 2nd:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews_index/reviews_by_mfgrs.htm
and
http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/ledleft.htm
to check it out.

These sites and here at CPF are premier places to look before you (inevitably) leap.

Use the "Search This Forum" box on CPF a lot to check the past comments on items "you can't afford, but gotta have". :)

BTW: The L1P gets good reviews, tho' the runtime on alkalines is a little short for me. To each his own...you'll find some folks here love the short, hot life of "pocket rockets"...20 minutes of blazing light. Others like more moderate output with long runtimes. The optimum light for every day carry (EDC) varies from person to person and need to need. Short, long, bright, dim, big, little...you (and your wallet) get to decide.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, it is definitly going to get bad, believe me. When you start carrying 3 times more flashlights in your luggage than you do changes of underware...

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and Welcome FiddleBack!

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy! :wave:

ront

Newly Enlightened
Welcome Fiddleback. no don't check out the CPF Specials thread!! It will only get you hooked for sure. Actually, they are a great place to start. greenLED gave you good advice!:grin2:

Ron

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ignore everything everyone's said thus far!!!!! If you don't, just remember, you've been warned!!!!

That said, welcome the land of empty wallets! :)

metalhed

Enlightened
Welcome Fiddleback :wave:

...as many have warned, you're wallet and monetary assets are at grave risk around here. And don't make the mistake of looking at all the flashlight stores and manufacturers listed on my site, or your khukuri collecting hobby may be at risk also.

You've been warned...again. :D

Last edited:

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
When you convince yourself that you need multiple Surefire A2s with different LED colors or that $260 is a perfectly reasonable price for a freaking flashlight you will know you are toast :)

Fiddleback

Enlightened
GadgetTravel said:
When you convince yourself that you need multiple Surefire A2s with different LED colors or that $260 is a perfectly reasonable price for a freaking flashlight you will know you are toast :)

If this ever happens to me I surely am toast. Thats two khuks too. Ouch. What kinda light costs that much?

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
va_welcome2.gif

You are so done!!!
And I don't even have a Surefire or the coveted KI
Just click a few of the links in my sigline, like the tiger11 or the Alephs or the USL. Ever seen a flashlight start a fire!!!?

Anyway, welcome! It's fun and we help each other come up with good reasons why we need these things. Hope you stay a while.

happy-wavehello6.gif

whorton5

Newly Enlightened
GadgetTravel said:
$260 is a perfectly reasonable price for a freaking flashlight you will know you are toast :)

Oh Jeez...I am screwed then. I was just about to tell Don I wanted one for close to that.....

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Fiddleback said:
If this ever happens to me I surely am toast. Thats two khuks too. Ouch. What kinda light costs that much?

Oops, it was only $240. I paid that for an HDS U60 XRGT but they have cut the price since, they are only $210 now and thats a bargain at that price ;) Some of the bigger Surefires go way over that.

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
whorton5 said:
Oh Jeez...I am screwed then. I was just about to tell Don I wanted one for close to that.....

Or those :) Is he back from Hawaii yet? Im thinking its about time I got a McLux.

Fiddleback

Enlightened
Oh, where is a good place to get some of these lights at decent prices?

Edited. I like that Dorcy, and it seems reasonable. Where's a good spot?