Wolf Eyes M90 12V Rechargeable

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Wolf Eyes is considering an extension for the M90 so you can use 3 LRB150A batteries to drive a 12V D36 bulb for and approximate runtime of 60 minutes. They will also produce a tail cap charger like the CH-06 and CH-09's if there is interest.

1. How many of you all are interested in the extension, so I know how many to order?
2. Do we need a special charger for this configuration? The alternative is recharging the batteries in a CH-02 charger separately.

I wonder if the new Pila 550 lamp would work in this configuration? :thinking: If does, I want one! :grin2:

m90extension.jpg

Oh, I'm heading to Monroe WA for a gun show this weekend so I can't answer questions till Monday.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike,
Would this extender be made as a limited run--when they're gone, they're gone? If so, then I'm in for one. If not, I'll sit it out until users report whether this arrangement (three 150A cells) causes hotflashling.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm definitely in for one.

Then I'll need to pick up the cells (2 sets?) and charger... Was Mike a "dealer" in a previous life? Just give me enough to get hooked and start paying... ;)

I don't see why I'd need the special tailcap to charge as I'd most likely use the standalone charger.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 12V rating is nominal; Wolf Eyes may be counting on the small 123A cells to drop under load to a total of, say, 2.8V x 4 = 11.2V. That's a fairly modest drop; a P91 will cause a 123A to drop to about 2.3V under load.

If a fully charged 150A cell remains at, say, 3.9V under load, three 150As may hot-flash the lamp. It happened to three of my Digilight/G&P 12V lamps.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
would this be available to fit the Raider 9D and three of the 150A cells?
This may be just what I am looking for as I like the idea of simply switching out lamps from 9 and 12 volt all in the same light.

Ok I see above that this will fit 3 of the 150A cells and if it will attatch to the Raider I would be also interested.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been screaming to have a way to run a 12v lamp off of the rechargeable batteries at full power.

having a tail cap charger tht could be used on the wall or car would be the greatest.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robocop said:
Not quite. The proposed extender would add 1/2-cell length. You'd need three extenders for the 9D, and the 9D's slimmer head and unfinned body would mean your hands would get hotter, faster.

Of course, a slim profile hasn't stopped CPFers from loving their FiveMega 3x168A Stinger mods (41mm head).

rikvee

Enlightened
"An extension for the M90 so you can use 3 LRB150A batteries to drive a 12V D36 bulb for an approximate runtime of 60 minutes."

Rechargeable and 300 lumens, that sounds like a good idea, already have the batts and the charger, count me in!

Small question: how many Amps does this draw, and can the 1100mA 17500's handle that?

Last edited:

Searchlight

Newly Enlightened
Any possiblity of manufacturing an extender for the smaller bezeled Raider to accept 2 x 168A batteries? I'd be very interested.

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
Mike,

Count me in for an extender. I know this will work because my Rattlesnake already worked with two unprotected 18500s and an unprotected LIR 123. Run time was over an hour of bright light. I am skeered to keep these unmatched cells in the light for general use though. Three 18500s in there will be safer and run longer. I would like to try it with some of AW's newer protected cells. With the added diameter of the protection circuitry I will prolly have to use 17500s instead of 18500s.
jc

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Well, I think there's enough interest so I'll make it happen.

Originally Posted by Paul_in_Maryland
Mike,
Would this extender be made as a limited run--when they're gone, they're gone? If so, then I'm in for one. If not, I'll sit it out until users report whether this arrangement (three 150A cells) causes hotflashling.
Not sure but I'm planning on buying quite a few, so there should be plenty to go around.

Originally Posted by Robocop
This may be just what I am looking for as I like the idea of simply switching out lamps from 9 and 12 volt all in the same light.
No, there is no plan to make an extender for the Raider body, yet.

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Ok, Wolf Eyes say the spacer will be a permanent addition to their offerings.
Interestingly enough, Wolf Eyes said they will produce another lamp, 13V to be able to handle the brute power of the 3 Wolf Eyes LRB150A batteries. I wonder how bright this one will be, and rechargeable too, oh ya! :naughty: Paul, you were right!!! :goodjob: Apparently the quality or should I say voltage of even the best CR123A battery has been dropping over the past couple of years and this is calculated in when producing the bulbs.

Question – do we need a special charger for this set up?
I think if you keep the same set of batteries together (don't mix them with others) for your light you can charge them on the standard CH-02 chargers, just not all at once, unless you have multiple chargers. :grin2:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike@PTS said:
Ok, Wolf Eyes say the spacer will be a permanent addition to their offerings.
Interestingly enough, Wolf Eyes said they will produce another lamp, 13V to be able to handle the brute power of the 3 Wolf Eyes LRB150A batteries.
Just as G&P has done with its G140 (14V); it was recently introduced for use with four 123A cells.

Question – do we need a special charger for this set up?
I think if you keep the same set of batteries together (don't mix them with others) for your light you can charge them on the standard CH-02 chargers, just not all at once, unless you have multiple chargers. :grin2:
Sounds right, Mike. With high-quality protected cells, I wouldn't hesitate to pluck any three from a pile and use them together. With four Wolf Eyes fast chargers in my house and cars, I'm set...

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Newbie question: Is there an alternative to the W/E LRB150a cells if one were to use this extender? The reason I ask is simply the cost. About $100 for three cells and a 2-cell charger. Would protected 18500s and/or 17500s work? If so, any suggested vendors?

Thanks in advance!:ohgeez:

Last edited: