Converted the most beautiful girl I have ever met to flashoholism today (sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today something strange happened to me...
It started just like my other days nowadays, my alarm tries to wake me up at 9:45 but my brain don't take any notice and continued sleeping until about 12:00 then my friends call me and asks if I have any plans to go to school or not.
So far everything was normal until I came there and we found a computer study room and started to finish our reports before our Easter break (spring break for you over there I guess). A friend of mine, Martin, and his enormously beautiful friend Marie was also sitting there finishing of their reports. Martin asked me how my regulator production progressed and wanted to know some technical bits about it. I told him and showed him some pictures of it in action when I noticed Marie was standing right behind me, watching and listening to the conversation. Se laughed out loud when se saw the comparison shots and said "Wow, what a flashlight!".
That really surprised me because most girls around here are only impressed by a fancy BMW and big muscles and not something as nerdy as a flashlight.
We chatted some more and then continued with their work but when Martin left, she started a conversation and told me she owned two 6D Mags, at lest two 3Ds, a bunch of MiniMags and some Solitaires as well. Not that she needed to justify the amount at all for me but she said "You know, you need one in your car, one in every room and at least one close by in your backpack." Furthermore, she explained that the road to her parents weren't illuminated which also called for a flashlight and she always kept a 3D as her EDC during winter-time (she is not the purse-type but rather the backpack-type (that's +20 bonus points if you ask me)).
It didn't even stop there, she even had the accessories for it and used the red filter for not ruining her night-vision and she would consider getting my regulator for one of her flashlights. I even showed her my G2 and she found it to be a really cool flashlight.
She is a really nice girl even when it doesn't come to flashlights as well and I wouldn't mind waking up next to her for a foreseeable future.

The downside to this story is that she had a boyfriend last time I checked. I wounder if I could
# rm -rf /dev/boyfriend
# mount /dev/Marie /home
in some way? Or perhaps get her a red LED drop-in for her Mag and let her do it instead... :grin2:

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, she seems to be the perfect girl for a flashaholic :thumbsup:
pretty and understand the value of flashlight. Yup yup, wish there were more of her.

Hum, I rather have
rm -rf /root/herBoyfriend
ln -sf /root/marie me

err

or the other way around

ln -sf me /root/marie :D

:p

Ut oh, red led? LUX!!!! :twak:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story! Often we men seem to believe that beautiful women are "too good" to wait in line, get wet when it rains, or take an interest in the likes of us. Marie proves that beautiful women can be down to earth.

Er, does she have a sister?

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
shiftd,

I'll see if I can clone her and make a group-buy. Hmm, that didn't sound very humane but I guess people still have humor around here. :)

Ah! A symbolic link. Yes, that would be more like it.
If her apartment is bigger than mine, yes, that would be a better idea! :grin2:

Yes, of course a Luxeon! :touche: Does anyone make red drop-ins?

Paul_in_Maryland,

She is very down to earth. She even prefers practice rather than simulation in MATLAB and that is not something common among the ladies at my school. :)
I dunno. I can check! :)

Last edited:

VWTim

Enlightened
Sounds like a great girl. Even if you don't end up dating her, could be a cool friend to bs lights with. My exgf, she HATED my flashlight hobby.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Sorry! but with a name like Marie she'll break your heart! Why? I was married to a Marie and she broke mine! PS! That was after 18 years of marriage!

LoL! Keep positive, at least only I'm paying maintenance!

Doug

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snap out of it Winny, you've been day-dreaming again! :awman:

When you wake up you'll find your still in the computer study room.
Martin and Marie left hours ago.:poke:

Last edited:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
useless.gif

And we aren't talking flashlights here. :laughing:

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
VWTim,

Friend you say... Hmm...
Don't even get me started on my ex gf. She was :rolleyes: as soon as I tried to show her something new I've built/bought.

dougmccoy,

I must say Marie is my favorite girl name, even before I met this one. 18 years you say, that is a lot! Sorry to hear that. :( I only tried four years myself and didn't even get married but it was enough to feel bad for a year. I guess women are women after all.

CHC,

Although I'm bad at English, you must be pulling my leg... No, she doesn't think she is the queen of the universe and wear make-up every day, that's what I meant.

dim,

Oh yes! That would be something! :naughty:
I'll do it after my holiday when she gets back.

LumenHound,

I did have bizarre dreams tonight but I'm pretty sure I was awake earlier today. The chance of falling asleep when writing boring reports are pretty high though so I can't be really sure. If her reaction is "What on earth are you talking about you crazy nerd?" when I speak to her next time, well, I'll have to drink more coffee to stay awake then. :)

greenLED,

Well, I did think about marrying her the first time I saw her but I think I'll lay low with too much feelings until the boyfriend-question has been answered/updated.

CLHC

Flashaholic
winny said:
No, she doesn't think she is the queen of the universe and wear make-up every day, that's what I meant.
That's what I was alluding to, that she's "down to earth." That's the terminology I read occassionally regarding certain actresses that are really low key and not some snot-rag hoi-tee toi-tee.

Spacemarine

Enlightened
winny said:
The downside to this story is that she had a boyfriend last time I checked. I wounder if I could
# rm -rf /dev/boyfriend
# mount /dev/Marie /home
in some way?

If that doesen't work, I'd suggest:

talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; gasp; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep

Keep us updated! :)

Fringe

Enlightened
Go for her, she sounds like a winner, and screw it if she has a boyfriend!

greenLED

Flashaholic
winny said:
Well, I did think about marrying her the first time I saw her but I think I'll lay low with too much feelings until the boyfriend-question has been answered/updated.
Don't let the boyfriend scare you away. People have been known to leave their fiancées and marry other people. (Don't ask me how I know this.:sssh:)

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
JimH,

Well, I've thought of that and I came to the same conclusions the moderators did in the "Roomie lovin'"-thread somewhere around here. Just try to imagine the most beautiful girl you have ever seen, that's about as close as it gets. Actually she would have looked even better with glasses but she is still an angel and probably the most beautiful I've ever seen.

CHC,

Sorry for my stupidity but how do you translate "snot-rag hoi-tee toi-tee" and what does low key mean?

Spacemarine,

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: You really know how to deal with women! Make a script and have it do it for you!
And for the record, she prefers beer rather than wine, just like me.

Fringe, greenLED,

That sounds like the obvious thing to do but my last gf did just that to me and this fella would have had to do something really mean to qualify for that kind of treatment if I'm supposed to sleep good at night. I would guess assassination would be better when it comes to not hurting his (if there is a he) feelings but that would be stupid, illegal and expensive so I'll need to figure something else out. That drop-in perhaps...

Status
Not open for further replies.