• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* - price reduction FS: Turn Key MAG85 - premium set up

missionaryman

Enlightened
Hi folks, I am selling the falshlight that got me into the CPF in the first place.
It is a MAG85 built by CPF senior member Juancho using all the best bits & pieces, high quality workmanship and Pro Gold on all contacts to reduce resistance and increase light output.

Here is a run down on what you get:

1 x Black 3D Host in perfect shiny condition
1 x Light Orange Peel reflector (for best compromise of throw VS beam quality)
1 x KIU Hi Temp Bi Pin socket
1 x Glass lens (not sure whether UCL or Borofloat)
1 x WA 1185 bulb
1 x Fivemega 9AA to 3D premium battery carrier
9 x Sanyo 2500mah AA NIMH for approx 40 minutes constant run time
In this set up the torch lumens should be upwards of 900 lumen using the 76% formula
About 4hrs use on a 22hr bulb @ 10.5v under load - never dropped or abused

Price Reduced to AU$160.00 + Postage (about US$115.00), postage is as per Australia post, no charge for packaging etc.

First "I'll take it" gets it

Accepting Paypal or if you are local cash is ok - international Paypal will need to wait until funds have been verified before despatch (up to 3 days)

Last edited:

missionaryman

Enlightened
Re: *edited* - price reduction FS: Turn Key MAG85 - premium set up

Bump -

Price drop, I costed up making one myself and knocked som off that price thus the new price.

van1

Newly Enlightened

I'm interested PM sent

tlim

Newly Enlightened

If it's not already taken, I'll take it if you will ship to Singapore.... :)

missionaryman

Enlightened

Hi tlim - I have responded to van1's PM so he gets first choice but if he doesn't want it it's yours - shipping to Singapore: AU$33.75 insured 3 - 10 days ETA

thanks.

tlim

Newly Enlightened

:paypal: :thanks:

PM'ed you the details... :)

missionaryman

Enlightened

:sold: to tlim of Singapore
Paypal received - I will give you the tracking number as soon as it's shipped.

I will ship it with the batteries loaded in the carrier and everything assembled but I will leave the tail cap unscrewed 1/2 a turn. This breaks the contact and prevents accidental "on". So when you receive it just screw the tailcap and have fun. You will probably have to charge the batteries.

PS: 2 of the batteries have no label on because of the very tight fit of the FM carrier I had to peel them bare - this poses no problem as long as you leave them in the carrier or charger. Don't attempt to use them in another device as the (-) terminal is exposed. This occured after I placed the ad. If this bothers you I can replace them with 2 x Energizer 2500mah which are just as new and the same battery re-badged.

Let me know
Thanks,
Luici

tlim

Newly Enlightened

No worries about the batteries... :eek:) Is it a problem with the carrier directly or is it trying to fit the carrier into the mag? Will Sanyo 2300s have any such issues? That's what I have a whole bunch of at the moment...

Would there be a problem if I use a regular Maha charger with the stripped batteries taken out for charging? I have a Maha 401...

missionaryman said:
:sold: to tlim of Singapore
Paypal received - I will give you the tracking number as soon as it's shipped.

I will ship it with the batteries loaded in the carrier and everything assembled but I will leave the tail cap unscrewed 1/2 a turn. This breaks the contact and prevents accidental "on". So when you receive it just screw the tailcap and have fun. You will probably have to charge the batteries.

PS: 2 of the batteries have no label on because of the very tight fit of the FM carrier I had to peel them bare - this poses no problem as long as you leave them in the carrier or charger. Don't attempt to use them in another device as the (-) terminal is exposed. This occured after I placed the ad. If this bothers you I can replace them with 2 x Energizer 2500mah which are just as new and the same battery re-badged.

Let me know
Thanks,
Luici

missionaryman

Enlightened
the problem is that the 2500's are very fat, not the carrier itself. Once in the whole thing slips in nicely - the 2300's should fit better but give you a few minutes less running time.

Charging should not be an issue as long as they don not touch each other during charging - which they don't anyway because they are in a cradle.

I charge them inside the holder itself via the charging jack. I use a 12v DC power supply which is unregulated so puts out about 12.6v which is the perfect voltage. At a charging current of 350mah the 2500mah pack takes 9 1/2hrs to charge fully - manually timed and turned off to prevent overcharging. For paranoia's sake I take them out and slow-charge them individually every few charges to condition them.

tlim

Newly Enlightened
What kind of charging jack would I need to charge it in the holder? I know it can be done with fivemega holders, but then I've never had one, so am not quite sure...

Thing is that with 9 batts, it's going to be a pita to charge, as my charger takes only 4 at a time, so charging in the holder would be just great!

missionaryman

Enlightened
my charger only does 4 at a time and I think it's best not to slip the 2500's in and out too many times as they are a super tight fit.

Fivemega supplies the jack with the carrier I'll see if I can find it but the plug pack is a normal transformer from an electronics store. Mine is a selectable voltage one but ideally a 500ma or a 1000ma 12v unregulated transformer will do the trick. They put out about 12.6v, you charge the cells @ 1.4v each so 1.4 x 9 = 12.6.
They way to work it out is easy - capacity of the battery / current out of the transformer = hrs + 30% for heat loss = ideal charge time.

For example the Sanyo 2500's with a 500ma transformer:
2500/500=5x1.3 = 6.5hrs ideal charge time.
You can pick up one of these transformers for about $10 - $30 from a department store or electrical goods store.
I would pull them out & charge individually every once in a while but found most time the batteries were all about the same level - shows how good fivemega's adapter truly is.

missionaryman

Enlightened
Posted it out today I think this is the tracking number:

CV058889262AU you should see it within 10 days, it's packed in a tuffbag (brown cardboard)

missionaryman

Enlightened
great - I took some pics of it before it left and some of the beam so that in the unfortunate instance of a postage bungle we can prove that the unit was in perfect condition.

While you're at it I think you should look at one of fivemega's deep reflector & bezels - it seems to be a worthwhile novelty...

It was going to be my next move with this light, I may still get one for my 2C ROP.

missionaryman

Enlightened
Have you got it yet???

I got my ROP parts and built it today, I sold the MAG85 to build the ROP because I needed something to use on my bike and the 3D was too big - the ROP seems just as bright.

So I bought my items a few days after I shipped your torch and I had stuff coming from Hong Kong and California and I got them today - USPS & HK Post are very efficient. I hope Australia Post is as good - for insured registered air mail it should get to you quickly.

tlim

Newly Enlightened
I wish I could say it was, but no sign of it jus yet, so hopefully it'll be in the mail today... Yeah, you're right about USPS being efficient... I got a package come in to me within 5 days of posting... Maybe it just takes a bit longer for larger items or parcels...

Anyway, I just got back from WA... Was in Perth, and Margaret River... :) Had my MagHID...

missionaryman said:
Have you got it yet???

I got my ROP parts and built it today, I sold the MAG85 to build the ROP because I needed something to use on my bike and the 3D was too big - the ROP seems just as bright.

So I bought my items a few days after I shipped your torch and I had stuff coming from Hong Kong and California and I got them today - USPS & HK Post are very efficient. I hope Australia Post is as good - for insured registered air mail it should get to you quickly.

missionaryman

Enlightened
that's ridiculous - you should have it by now, I can't track via Australia Post unfortunately. We have had 4 public holidays in the last 2 weeks so that might be holding things up.

tlim

Newly Enlightened
I suppose we can wait for a few more days to see if it gets here... like you said, it's probably because of the public holidays, especially if the hols were within the first few days of when you sent it out...