Holster for SureFire 6P & 9P

REparsed

Newly Enlightened
I just got my 9P from lighthound but I still need a duty holster for it. I found that the 9P was a perfect (although not snug) fit in my ASP sidebreak holder. It even has an opening in the bottom so the switch doesn't get activated accidentally.

There is a little leaf spring inside the ASP holder that puts pressure on the ASP to hold it secure. The only thing I want to do before using it to carry the 9P is to take it apart and tweak the spring so there is more pressure to hold the light and maybe put a little black tape on the leaf spring so it doesn't scratch the new light.

London

Newly Enlightened
SF makes a "bezel down" polymer holder for the 6p/9p and I know they make it in a version for 2 1/4" duty belts.

a really cool off-duty holder is from Wilson combat, it's also "bezel down" and available in sharkskin...how cool is that?

ofcjim40

Newly Enlightened
I use the ASP sidebreak holster for my SF light, this is the BEST and cheapest thing I have found to do. Buy the INDUSTRIAL Velcro you can get at Home Depot, etc. Cut a strip of the fuzzy stuff, stick it inside the ASP holder. If looking down at the holster, and picture the inside of the holder as 360 degrees, a circle, it takes about a 270 degree piece to hold it in right. This will make the inside smaller, it won't mar the finish on the light cause it is soft, and it will hold the light in better. Of course DO NOT stick the hook part of the velcro onto the light cause it will never come out then!!! lol

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Wow! I thought I was the only one to use Velcro to do this job!! I actually use the same technique to make adjustments to the inside of kydex holsters I make.

The advantage is that not only do you take up slack but you also avoid premature wear on the flashlight.

Doug

REparsed

Newly Enlightened
The velcro is a very slick idea. It's on my shopping list!

With the velcro in place I should be able to remove the leaf sping.

Edited: I just tried a strip of the asexual velcro (the stuff that sticks to itself without the need for 2 dissimilar fabrics) and it makes for a very snug fit, I think I better get the fuzzy stuff...

Last edited:

ofcjim40

Newly Enlightened
asexual velcro
Ummmm, I'm not going to touch that comment :lolsign: Anyway..... I have found industrial Velcro to have as many uses as Duct Tape. As a Cop, I use it on so much duty gear, it is not even funny. It will do it all!