Need acronyms and abbreviations for CPF Wiki

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
It occured to me that, on CPF, we use a lot of acronyms and abbrevions. I have been uable to locate a comprehensive list of these. I thought this would be a great project for everyone to participate in.

I have created a section in the CPF Wiki for the acronyms and abbreviations to live, and I have put in a couple of entries just to get things started.

You can either make an entry into the Wiki directly (please make your entry in alphabetical order), or, if you prefer not to edit the Wiki, just post a reply here with the comment "Post to Wiki". Someone will take your entry and add it to the Wiki

If there is an acronym or abbreviation that you don't know the definition to, just post it with a question mark after it. Someone who knows the answer will fill in the definition.

If anyone knows if such a thing already exists, please let me know, and I'll cancel this whole effort.

Thanks, in advance, for everyone's participation and help.

Last edited:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be more impressed if we could use these in searches, 2 & 3 letter terms, without the pretence of wildcards * which don't always seem to work.

Last edited:

atm

Enlightened
Good idea Jim, I frequently need to search the 'net to try and find definitions for abbreviations found here, I'll add some as I remember/come across them.

Andrew

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride)
Li-Ion (Lithium Ion?)
LOP (Light Orange Peel)
SF (SureFire)
FF (FireFly)
HAIII (Anodization type 3, the hardest?)
AR coating (anti-reflective coating)

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashfirstask?later said:
Thanks. That's what I was looking for. I figure if I had a hard time finding it, others might also, so I changed the contents under "Acronyms and Abbreviations" to be just a link to the "Terminology" page.

I still think this project is a good idea, so if there is something you don't understand, and can't find it in the Terminology page, look it up on the internet and add it to the Terminology page, or just make a post here, and we'll get it added.

Gryphon

Newly Enlightened
abvidledUK said:
I'd be more impressed if we could use these in searches, 2 & 3 letter terms, without the pretence of wildcards * which don't always seem to work.

I use google to do that. Example to search for "lop"
lop site:candlepowerforums.com