15 Watt monster cyan (update)

flex76italy

Enlightened
Hi to all,

this is my new toy, very dangerous for the eyes :drool:

The host is the tri-bored by Fivemega

Driver is nflex new UI by George this driver is modified by George, the input is 35V and the output is 25V, so it can drive 3 x 5Watt cyan :rock: :thanks:

Batteries are 6 x 17500 protected from AW

Reflector Mcr 20mm by McGizmo, looks the shoppe

The sink is PTS2-D from Modamag

UCL lens from flashlightlens

The nflex is set in two modes, low, and high @ 950mA

Pics at F2.8 1/50 sec

Thanks for looking :wave:

Last edited:

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 15 Watt monster cyan

I can almost feel my retinas blistering through the monitor :). Nice job- it must be amazing outside in the woods at night.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice Samuele! :goodjob: :clap: :twothumbs

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

Questo è il mio sogno si è realizzato! Per favore lei deve considerare vendendo questa bellezza a me. Ho sognato di questo per il tempo lungo. È cosí bello. Sono ammutolito.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lunarmodule said:
Questo è il mio sogno si è realizzato! Per favore lei deve considerare vendendo questa bellezza a me. Ho sognato di questo per il tempo lungo. È cosí bello. Sono ammutolito.
???????????????????????

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

:duck:Ouch my eyes!
those cyan light and fonts are bright.
NIce mod flex
Lunarmodule said:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

For those of you questioning my commentary in the posts above, it was written in Italian as a tip of the hat to FLex76Italy, who is in Italy. I complimented his achievement and workmanship in his native tongue, with special thanks to a web translator for correcting my grammar. Its still not perfect, but it was a gesture on my part. He is another friend in the global network of enthusiasts gathered here. Since I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, EVERYWHERE is far away from me, and one heck of a long swim to reach Dryland. I really enjoy interacting with CPFers from Europe, the UK, Singapore, Japan, faraway places. Its too easy to forget that for a sizable number of folks out there, English is a second or third language. What better way to convey a huge thumbs up than in someone's mother tongue....

In any case, I have a horrifically bad case of cyan fever, and THIS light is a dream come true! I had thought about building one... just havent found the pure cyans in a trio yet.. (hello, Isaac!!!) Dont have one yet, but this light just pegged the meter scale high on my "want to own" list. So build it or buy it, actually: BOTH. Is my agenda.

What I am curious about is the configuration of the nFlex. I presume from the title these are 5W Luxeons (cyan). I thought the nFlex could only handle two Lux Vs total. I really want to do a triLux V myself I just dont know what driver to use....

Samuele, this light is a stunner of a design! Congratulations of the highest order. And a desperate plea to consider building one for me...... ;)

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey flex, was this light originally white luxV? I know you had one in progress.. Yeah what bin code? Same as your AlephIII? :drool: :wave:

flex76italy

Enlightened
Thanks so much to all for the comments,

Thesurefire - IsaacHayes, exactly i don't know the bin code, they are emitter not star, i've tested the voltage, is S bin, my source said that these cyan's are rated 160 lumen output, however if not are, they push a lot of lumen :)

Lunarmodule, for the nflex configuration you read first post

:wave: