PK says Regulated LUXEON in Surefire

Glow Bug

Enlightened
PK announced a Luxeon plus many more suprises coming at the shot show. See remarks at Surefire board...http://discuss.surefire.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=9&t=001105
tongue.gif

Glow Bug

Enlightened
No word yet but if I had to guess it would be one Luxeon with Surefire's reflector. At least, thats what I am hoping for. Cost??? CHEAP
grin.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel Ramsey:
would Surefire regulate or cheat with resistance?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the topic?

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daniel, I know you have read the related post in SF forum. I'd recommend you to re-read the message pk posted.

Quote "DLRT (Damn Long Run Time)"

Does it mean anything to you:)

Alan

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel Ramsey:
I would expect a large corporation such as Suerfire to demand a newer higher lumen output Luxeon in their product line, after all thats what they sell is light, LOTS of it at the cost and availability of their brand name 123a batteries So its either the hottest Luxeon maxed out or multiples, not LEDs but multiple Luxeons.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "15 lumen" spec means that it will use one LS LED.

Peter

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glow Bug:
I don't know about you, but if I get a hold of some of these CR123 RECHARGEABLE batteries, it wont matter how long the light burns before the batteries die. I will keep a couple spares in my pocket. Check em out!!! They may be hard to get though...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These have been around for a while but are quite expensive, especially having to order from the UK (that is for most of us). I can't understand why other companies aren't producing these, or at least why there aren't distributors in the US.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Alan I did read it but kinda glossed over it, it just seems somewhat like mixing oil and water when on one side you have these light cannons of the traditional Surefire product line that have usually less than one hour on a set of batteries and now is a proposed Luxeon that runs a darn long time, does that mean 2 hours?
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Daniel, I couldn't be able to reply on behalf of Sure Fire. However, E1 has been running for 1.5 hours with 1 Cell and 15 lumens. E2 with LOLA (25 lumens) lasts for 2.5 hours (I couldn't recall exact figure). 10X running 60 lumens and lasts for 3 hours. Based on these data, Sure Fire will not say 2 hours is Darn Long Run Time, will they?

Only a logical wild guess:)

Alan

JoeyL

Enlightened
By the way, those rechargeable 123's are nimh which means they can't be 3 volts exactly. They are probably 2.4 or 3.6v and probably would not work right for most LED flashlight assemblies. Also, it does not say what their mAh ratings are, but it's a good bet its not much compared to a lithium 123.

Brock

Flashaholic
Well let's look at the numbers. If the Luxeon is running 15 lumens it should draw about 350mA or .35A. .35A at 3v is 1.05w, lets just say 1.5w to adjust for losses and make it easier
smile.gif
A 123 is rated 3v at 1.3A or 3.9w each. So 7.8w total, again lets call it 7.5w for good measure. So 7.5/1.5=5 So by the numbers we are talking roughly 5 hours. So in real life I would predict 4, probably 5, maybe more depending on the efficiency of the regulator.

Glow Bug

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guy Guyer:
These have been around for a while but are quite expensive, especially having to order from the UK (that is for most of us). I can't understand why other companies aren't producing these, or at least why there aren't distributors in the US.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would hope the U.S. would lead in this technology. I wonder if it is a little like the oil corporations and the carborator...better gas mileage is achievable with our technology but seems never to occur. Is better battery technology being exploited to its greatest potential? Could it be that the BIG NAME battery corporations don't want some styles of batteries to make it to market which would hurt sales??? I hope I am wrong and we will see things change. Maybe we aren't there yet, however: I think the there should be a distributor here in the U.S. selling what is already available in the UK.

Glow Bug

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
why why why why why did you show me that link. the price of batts has kept me sf-less but now i gotta get an e2. ill get you for this
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just hope they will work. I haven't heard from them yet on the batteries specs.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

hello folks
I emailed Future and got this response for the White Luxeon LED Emitter.
http://www.future-active.com

1. Mfr. Part #: LXHL-BW01
Future Part #: LXHL-BW01
Vendor: LUMILEDS LIGHTING
Package Qty: 1
In Stock
US Dollars

1 - 24: $11.550
25 - 49: $10.395
50+: $8.855

regards malcolm

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/malc_hurn" TARGET=_blank>