New Energizer LED 2AAA Penlight

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Checked out the closest Target to my home today for further clearances and found something new. Hidden there near the other penlights was a new Energizer LED penlight. It uses 2 AAA's, has a very positive long throw rubberized reverse clickie, metal body (smooth except for a bit of knurling near the business end), clip, and is advertised to use the new Nichias with an 18 hr. runtime. Length is 5.75 in. The price was $5.99. Brightness is very close to the new X1 with maybe a bit less blue. Compared to the RR 2AAA it looks to be about 2/3 as bright. It seems to be longer than it could be and the LED sticks out the front a bit, but that's being pretty picky. So, if you've been waiting for a slim 2AAA LED penlight better hurry on down. I bet these go fast. I think I'm going to like this light.

I'll edit this with some pics as soon as I can.

Geoff

Penlight.jpg

Comparison.jpg

Last edited:

DaveG

Enlightened
Geoff, thanks for the post,for $6 it looks ok,have to keep a look out at my Target.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
This one must have a soldered bulb assembly. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to get to it.

I take that back. With the batteries out I was able to push the LED into the tube. It along with associated hardware probably would slide out pretty easily. I don't plan to try it since I might end up killing it. Maybe after the newness wears off.

Geoff

Last edited: